HybridZ

17" rims too big for a Stock 240Z? (pic's inside)

I found a set of Jaguar rims that I really like and wanted to use on my 70 240Z. The body work of the car is stock. The rims are 17"x8" and should have no problem with clearance/rubbing. But I am not to sure as to whether or not they look disproportionately big for the car.

Please give me your opinion on 17†wheels for a 240Z. If you are running 17†wheels on your S30 please post a picture so I can see approximately what it would look like.

My car is going to be painted a beautiful white with lots of pearl. Below are a few pictures of the rims.

3kb3p23lfZZZZZZZZZ97v5b442394efc216.jpg

3kf3m93o6ZZZZZZZZZ97v8d670f5afd6119.jpg

3m53ob3pdZZZZZZZZZ97v5f554b4661f710.jpg

After doing a lot of research i have decided not to use the 5 lug adapters on my car as it would put unnecessary stress on my wheel bearings.

So i will be going with 4 lug rims on the 240Z.

If there a difference between rims for Front wheel drive and rear wheel drive car?

What do you guys think of17" Motegi wheels? Does Motegi Racing make good wheels?

wheel2.jpg

newtires5.jpg

those are my 17"s. That particular motegi you posted has some pretty severe looking curb rash, unless they're VERY cheap, I'd recommend you keep looking. There's a huge difference between FWD and RWD offset wheels. On an S30 you need to have pretty close to 0 offset, depending on how wide the wheels are. FWD has offset in positive numbers approaching 30-40 (typically), RWD wheels *usually* have offset numbers below 20, and if they're really wide the number often goes negative. There are plenty of wheel size threads in this section, if you search for offset and so on, you can find some good descriptions of how to find wheels that fit.