HybridZ

vg33et 240z

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got my new/ish radiator today, double pass, howe radiator. This thing is HUGE! and still weighs like 1/3 of the small copper radiator I have in their now. Lets just say I'm going to be making use of the extra room once the Vg is in there.

DSC02081.jpg

DSC02085.jpg

DSC02086.jpg

Imagine this, (anyone good with photoshop?) about 6 inches back at the same angle.

DSC02082.jpg

I Really want to go with the howe radiator, but it's just too damn big...

Here is the chevy 4 core radiator.

downsized_0306001517.jpg

This is a stock 1 core z31 radiator

downsized_0306001512.jpg

And here is the HOWE, double cor of death.

downsized_0306001514.jpg

Edited by hoov100

Read the aero forum threads. You don't need a giant radiator of death. I have read constantly about guys buying the big aluminum rad, that is just a "tich" to big to fit in an S30, so they make it fit. I bought the next size down, have lots of clearance and made installing it a breeze. I have zero cooling issues.

BTW keep in mind the position of the rad hose routing from the engine. They are both on the same side. I wish I had remembered that when I got my new rad. Would have been a little bit easier for the rad hose.

Take your time and think your project through whether you go vg, L, or v8. Lots of options, just don't get caught up in constantly changing your plans. It always costs$$$

Read the aero forum threads. You don't need a giant radiator of death. I have read constantly about guys buying the big aluminum rad, that is just a "tich" to big to fit in an S30, so they make it fit. I bought the next size down, have lots of clearance and made installing it a breeze. I have zero cooling issues.

BTW keep in mind the position of the rad hose routing from the engine. They are both on the same side. I wish I had remembered that when I got my new rad. Would have been a little bit easier for the rad hose.

Take your time and think your project through whether you go vg, L, or v8. Lots of options, just don't get caught up in constantly changing your plans. It always costs$$

I know I don't need it, but it was free. i actually just put it up for sale, to buy a smaller HOWE double pass radiator.

=( I am disappointed, much rather have seen a VG30et.

It still might happen. but I might actually build one from the block up. Or go with a S/C ls2/t56. but I'm also going to be building a custom frame and cage for it, using an FD rx7 front subframe and an unknown double wishbone rear subframe. possibly an entire driveline and suspension from a c6 vette.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread has gone all over the place....

I think you need to find another Z. This Z and you seem to have a very rocky relationship, and neither of you seems to know where it is going at any point. Sure, its fun ahh.. driving her, all the time, but are you going anywhere with the car?

I'm just saying, *if* she goes for some awful reason.. maybe it was just time to poop or get off the pot.