HybridZ

vg33et 240z

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sadly, I dont think I'm going to be able to finish her. :( having a roof over my head, food in my stomach and my bills paid is the bigger priority, on top of my other projects, I guess what I'm trying to say is the car might be for sale soon, if something doesnt happen, this will have been the fourth s30 project I have failed to complete.:cry2: If anyone wants a great deal on a mostly rust free 73 rolling chassis and a crap ton of parts PM me..... :cry:

sadly, I dont think I'm going to be able to finish her. :( having a roof over my head, food in my stomach and my bills paid is the bigger priority, on top of my other projects, I guess what I'm trying to say is the car might be for sale soon, if something doesnt happen, this will have been the fourth s30 project I have failed to complete.:cry2: If anyone wants a great deal on a mostly rust free 73 rolling chassis and a crap ton of parts PM me..... :cry:

dude im down, but funds are low...

dude im down, but funds are low...

thats the problem, as I was looking at getting $1300 or so for the roller and all the spares, might sound high, but their is literally only three spots of surface rust, I have literally spent hours under the car looking for rust.

Alright, finally did a little more wiring, wired the brake lights to the switch and ran a hot to the brakelight switch, wired up the headlight switch, wired the ignition switch, got my battery cables sized up, so all i have to do is solder the connectors on.

All thats left to do wiring wise is to, run a lead from the headlight relay's to the battery, run a lead from the alternator to the battery, buy senders for the gauges and run the wires to them, buy 4 push in light sockets for the tach and speedo, make a turn signal system, wire up a switch for the backup lights And wire in relays for the 2 speed fan!

• 4 weeks later...

So i tried to start the motor with it in the car today, got it fired up, then after about 5 minutes the little lick turned into a knock, then the motor just stopped working all together, so while at the junkyard I sold them the car, but i still scored 2 good t3's from running z31's. It may look like the sbc is gonna stay in atleast for a while longer.

• 2 weeks later...

got new sway bar links put in, unfortunately had to use the stock starter, as the hooker long tubes are in the way, also got my chromoly rocker arms, oil deflectors and stud girdles today, but i still need poly locks. overall looking very promising, but i still gotta do something with the suspension, most likely I'm just gonna drive the car around for a few months, save up some cash and build my own frame with the miata (or possibly G8) IRS and the FD3 rx7 IFS and a roll bar.

After looking at various suspension and brake setups and looking at the FD and c6 IFS in depth and doing a little math, I have decided to use z32 front spindles, reamed to accept HOWE ball joints, custom SLA style control arms and some other custom secrete bad-asssery, voodoo. I should be able to keep some decent looking geometry. On paper atleast ;)

got the sound deadening out of the hatch area and noticed something, why is the spare tire offset to the left by 4.5 inches? would the spare tires weight offset the amount of fuel held in that area of the gas tank?

(also got the fuel cell install measured up in the car.)