HybridZ

vg33et 240z

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Alright....

Since I cannot find the money or the car at the moment, I bought a couple packs of sand paper and I'm starting to sand everything down and get it ready for a good 'ole fashioned sating black paint job, hopefully when my tax money comes in, I'll start looking for a donor car/motor.

these two pictures explain whats going to be involved with that project.

Spectrum375X-TREME.jpg

power_mig_350mp.gif

and maybe a tape measure too, the biggest task i see currently is not going over board on my ramcharger and forgetting about this project.

Hey Hoov100:

Yeah, the Miata is a tough differential with Torsen as a option on many models; but, the Monster Miatas and that ILK who stuff LS1 & 302Windsors into a perfectly good roadster also have a cradle that mounts the Ford 8.8 IRS. The Ford has lots of aftermarket support and if you're into fabrication, then here's another option.

g

Hey Hoov100:

Yeah, the Miata is a tough differential with Torsen as a option on many models; but, the Monster Miatas and that ILK who stuff LS1 & 302Windsors into a perfectly good roadster also have a cradle that mounts the Ford 8.8 IRS. The Ford has lots of aftermarket support and if you're into fabrication, then here's another option.

g

Yeah, I've been looking into rear ends more and more and found that my solution is most likely going to be using z31 5 lug stub axles, short nose r200 and some custom axles, but hopefully I can just make a bolt on set from the junkyard. I'm only shooting for 400WHP on the vg33 setup, so a torsen LSD should hold up.

On the 8.8 you can also get an electro-locker for the 8.8. much nicer for putting the power to the ground. If only they'd build one for the R200.

Yeah, I've been looking into rear ends more and more and found that my solution is most likely going to be using z31 5 lug stub axles, short nose r200 and some custom axles, but hopefully I can just make a bolt on set from the junkyard. I'm only shooting for 400WHP on the vg33 setup, so a torsen LSD should hold up.

On the 8.8 you can also get an electro-locker for the 8.8. much nicer for putting the power to the ground. If only they'd build one for the R200.

After doing some careful research and an hour or so of staring at my rear end, I'm most likely going to do a short nose conversion and get a helical tomei LSD, then I'm going to convert to z31 stub axles, which hopefully will give me enough offset to run regular converted CV axles, instead of ordering custom ones.

I think the shifter is a little bit out of reach, but that is just my opinion... :D

Agree'd You should probably make something to like shift if you plan to mount your transmission that far forward. Again, just an opinion, could always be converted to an Outside seated vehicle. :-|

Lol, alright. I know how many of you wanted to see a bad ass twin turbo vg33, but I think I'm going to just build it on the side. So I have been looking at this nice little l26, with the mn47 head, tri-y header, worked SU's, nice sized cam and some other bits, which just kinda fits my budget better. but it also gives me enough money left over to register and insure the car too.