HybridZ

What were those wires I just cut?

My EZ wiring setup is on its way and I went ahead and removed the original engine harness. The way my work space is setup right now I did not have access to the undercarriage of the car (its in the grass). Anyway as I was pulling the harness I couldn't get to the wires that were connected to the transmission so I went ahead and just cutted them (on the battery side).

Maybe Im reading my diagrams wrong or something but what were those wires for?

Ya know, hindsight being 20/20 you probably should have asked this question before you hacked them out, but that said, how many wires were there? I'm with letitsnow it's probably the reverse and neutural switch.

WAIT... it is a manual right?

73 240z. Its one of the first branches after the firewall bundle and it plugs into the transmission. Im just asking because I don't see it in the wiring diagram. It matters little either way because the transmission is being swapped into a 5 speed.

Oh and there were three wires I believe. Have to double check tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...
yes its a manual.

and

It matters little either way because the transmission is being swapped into a 5 speed.

doesn't make sense to me.

3 wires, well I think that rules out the reverse light and neutral switch They are both 2 wire I believe. I have no idea what wires might be going to an auto tranny, but there should be no other wires going to a 5-speed. You're sure they were connected to/going to/attached to the transmission?