HybridZ

Kameari head gasket my only choice for stroker (89mm pistons)?

HizAndHerz

I'm finally ready to take my stroker engine parts to the machine shop and can't find my HLS head gasket. It must have been thrown out in the last garage spring cleaning :icon_frow

Now, it seems that HKS are no longer available. Is there anything else out there for 89mm pistons besides the Kameari 90.5mm at $260????

For some reason, I was under the impression that there was another relatively inexpensive head gasket that would work with 89mm pistons. I didn't know what kind of deal I had when I bought my HKS gasket for only $45.

So, it looks like Kameari or Tomei and yet another unaccounted expense building the stroker motor.

Motorsport say they have the Nismo MLS 0.6mm gasket in stock as a "new" product for $149.95. I don't know if this is the same Nismo gasket listed in the Nissan Motorsports catalog as part # 11044-E4623 as "NISMO head gasket for L-series 91mm bore, 0.6mm compressed thickness".

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/LNP1/10-2454

• 1 year later...

Are the Kameari or Tomei head gaskets reusable? Price on these things is rediculous. I don't think I want to mess with copper... Any other (cheaper) options available in a 1 mm thickness? What about other options-- like installing some king of O-ring and trimming the Felpro standard gasket to work with those?

Garrett

Are the Kameari or Tomei head gaskets reusable? Price on these things is rediculous. I don't think I want to mess with copper... Any other (cheaper) options available in a 1 mm thickness? What about other options-- like installing some king of O-ring and trimming the Felpro standard gasket to work with those?

Garrett

The costs of building a motor....you have to pay to play