HybridZ

Long drive home

AkumaNoZeta

Ok, I took the 1000 mile trip from PA to AR (for the last time thankfully) in 11.5 hours and that includes refill times, which is my new record. So you take out the refill times and it averages out to around 105 MPH....well, my speedo broke after I welded the firewall back up at the clutch cable so I just cruised at the smoothest, most comfortable speed.

But that's not all, my right heel is swollen and blistered up really bad to the point where I can't walk on it. It hurt so bad that I had to start using my left foot for all 3 pedals. Does anyone else have this problem?

That's intense, I've done a few long distance runs in the Z with no problems like that. The side of the tranny tunnel gets a little warm to the touch but definately nothing about 100-105 degrees. Maybe you can add a little wrap to the area of the exhaust that comes close to the footwell?

Well, I think it's just too easy to get away with it on Interstates. I also don't speed recklessly by cutting people off like you see all the time. I keep a very big bubble around me, I never get closer than 5 seconds on the car in front of me and I don't change lanes until I see the car in the next lane in the rear-view mirror because by then they're 3 car lengths behind me.

I just returned from a long trip. I drove 8 hours from MD to Western NY, stayed a few days and then picked my mother up and drove her 1300 miles and around 24 hours with stops back to south Florida. I slept for a few hours at a rest stop in BFE South Carolina and when I woke up both of my feet from my ankles down are swollen. I have elevated my feet since getting home and they are still a little puffy….. This was in a ’05 Pathfinder!

Same thing happened here, driving 3000+ miles from central texas to all throughout california, and then back. It was both of my feet, actually. I drove both barefoot and with shoes on, and tried to rest them in different positions every few hours. After about a week, the pain went away. I figured it was something similar to bedsores.

I think the worst I ever had it from drivng was our family trip back about four years ago we drove from Georgia to Northern Cali. from there to Reno, and then down to So. Cal and back to Georgia. We took about a month, but man my right knee was in bad shape. I messed it up in the military, then I guess just the way my leg sits when I have my foot on the gas in my wifes truck. Nothing ever got swollen up, feel bad for you guys.

Ok, I took the 1000 mile trip from PA to AR (for the last time thankfully) in 11.5 hours and that includes refill times, which is my new record. So you take out the refill times and it averages out to around 105 MPH....well, my speedo broke after I welded the firewall back up at the clutch cable so I just cruised at the smoothest, most comfortable speed.

But that's not all, my right heel is swollen and blistered up really bad to the point where I can't walk on it. It hurt so bad that I had to start using my left foot for all 3 pedals. Does anyone else have this problem?

Not uncommon. I understand that it is caused by sitting with your legs out-streached . Weight is on your buttocks, but also along the bottom of the thighs. Reduces blood flow. Eighteen hours in economy class overseas flights will also do it.

Cruise control also helps.

g