HybridZ

compression test really low l28et

chipo280z

yesterday i did a compression test on my car.... it is a 77 280z with a 128et swap..the car runs good and it feels strong.... this is how it came up:

1. 95
  2. 90
  3. 95
  4. 95
  5. 90
  6. 95

it looks really like a really low compression... I did the test with the j-pipe off and the throttle fully open, sparkplugs removed, and a good battery... what would you guys recommend as the next step...

The numbers look a little low, but like S130Z said, it is more important that they are consistent across all cylinders. Was the engine at operating temperature?

Pete

the engine was warm not at an operating temperature.... and yes it was at wot

If the car runs good, and feels strong, I would look more at how close the numbers are to each other than to how "low" they are. They aren't THAT low, certainly not for a turbo engine.

Was there any reason you ran the compression check, other than just a check-up? If not, I would not be concerned.

If the car runs good, and feels strong, I would look more at how close the numbers are to each other than to how "low" they are. They aren't THAT low, certainly not for a turbo engine.

Was there any reason you ran the compression check, other than just a check-up? If not, I would not be concerned.

today i re did my wiring, soldering everything, fixing connectors... the cars pulls hard. alot more than my n/a setup. Right now im runnign the stock 7lbs iwth no intercooler and stock everything, even stock n/a njectors. I am jsut waiting to receive the injectors that i bought from s130z and it is ready to go to the track.