HybridZ

Rb oil pan mods

motoman

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cut the whole flange off mine and braised the entire sump on backwards. had to cut out some of the windage tray and knock a few of the fins down to clear the rotating assembly. cost me $20. its not the "proper" way to do it, but I've been driving happily for 6 months now.

same deal with the oil pickup. cut, turn, weld. done.

edit; kiwi303, whereabouts are you from? i'm a Hamiltonian

i cut the whole flange off mine and braised the entire sump on backwards. had to cut out some of the windage tray and knock a few of the fins down to clear the rotating assembly. cost me $20. its not the "proper" way to do it, but I've been driving happily for 6 months now.

same deal with the oil pickup. cut, turn, weld. done.

edit; kiwi303, whereabouts are you from? i'm a Hamiltonian

Do you have any pictures of it ?

Here is some pics of mine I made. I was told it wasn't going to work but it works great. I used the stock rb20 oil pan flange and made the rest. build cost was nothing..

It holds 7.5 qts of oil and oil psi is perfect during high g turns and high speed to all out braking.

pan 002_thumb.JPG

pan 003_thumb.JPG

pan 004_thumb.JPG

pan 005_thumb.JPG

pan 006_thumb.JPG

pan 007_thumb.JPG

pan 008_thumb.JPG

So how much would you charge to make another. Lol. Also will this pan and pickup work with a RB26 in the original oil pickup location. I have a 300zr pan and pickup, but my engine was a RB25 awd so the pickup needs to modified. I was thinking about just selling what I have and buy a upgrade pan with pickup.

So how much would you charge to make another. Lol. Also will this pan and pickup work with a RB26 in the original oil pickup location. I have a 300zr pan and pickup, but my engine was a RB25 awd so the pickup needs to modified. I was thinking about just selling what I have and buy a upgrade pan with pickup.

Better to find someone to modify the AWD pan. I have a couple of those pans. Ron at Venus says he has a guy that can do the modification for pretty cheap, but I never got any farther looking into that.

I would love to build another, I have a brand new tig welder and plasma I would like to use. What engine do you have? I have a extra rb20 block I can use it to mock up the pan and pick up. I know the rb26 is different.

I would love to build another, I have a brand new tig welder and plasma I would like to use. What engine do you have? I have a extra rb20 block I can use it to mock up the pan and pick up. I know the rb26 is different.

Yeah I have a RB25 but it was one of those that came with awd and the oil sump location is the same as a RB26. So I cannot just attached the 200zr pickup like I read in some of the post. So I either need a pickup that will work or a pan and a pickup. I figure I could always sell the 200zr pan and pickup for what I paid easily. The problem is I have a 300zx so I need a rear sump pan so I can sit it as far back as possible so I can still have AC and not cut up the nose bar to fit a radiator.

So basically I need a pickup that is straight from the original location on a awd block to the spot on the rwd block. I am trying to not do an external pickup or cut up the pan to get this to work.

Hey what part of Georgia do you live in Im in SC just outside of Columbia.

Pat,

How much will you charge for the job?

It all depends on the price of the sheet metal. I would need you to send me your old pan and pick up off your rb. I cut the old pan up and use the flange. You can see what I did in the pics above. I can start the job as soon as I get the pan. I would say I could duplicate the one in my pics for around 350-375.00 with a week or less turn around.

Yeah I have a RB25 but it was one of those that came with awd and the oil sump location is the same as a RB26. So I cannot just attached the 200zr pickup like I read in some of the post. So I either need a pickup that will work or a pan and a pickup. I figure I could always sell the 200zr pan and pickup for what I paid easily. The problem is I have a 300zx so I need a rear sump pan so I can sit it as far back as possible so I can still have AC and not cut up the nose bar to fit a radiator.

So basically I need a pickup that is straight from the original location on a awd block to the spot on the rwd block. I am trying to not do an external pickup or cut up the pan to get this to work.

Hey what part of Georgia do you live in Im in SC just outside of Columbia.

I'm in Woodstock,Ga which is 30 minutes north of atlanta. If you can get me some pics of the pick up location I could see what I can do. I can build anything you want.

Well hell I may just sell mine and get yours, but I need a another pan too. Lol. So if anyone wants to buy a 200zr Pan with the pickup I will sell it for less than I paid.

475 shipped

There are actually some link on here already showing the block layout I will post one here for you to see.