HybridZ

what yall think? on going.

Datsun 240Z `1971. Has not been driven/ran in 30 years. Needs body and interior work but a definite restoration project that I never got around to.

owner says no rust on it.

i have a question if it hasn't been ran in 30 years what would it take to get it going? i apologize in advance for not using the Search button.

P1000504.jpg

P1000509.jpg

P1000506.jpg

Sounds like what I got myself into. Mine had been sitting over 20+ yrs and it needs brakes all around. No interior so I picked up a new carpet kit and reupholstered stock seats. Rear diff mount fell apart so I have the whole rear end down right now trying to replace all the bushings. Still need to change all the seals around the windows/windshields, etc....LOTS AND LOTS of work.

Believe it or not there are plenty of people here who have asked the exact same question multiple times here, and many of them have been answered.

I'd start by changing its vital fluids, getting a new battery (and checking out how much corrosion is underneath the old one, yetch!), checking all the hoses for brittle and cracked ones (or swolen), making sure the carbs aren't gummed up with varnish, filling it up with gas and breaking out the starting fluid.

Looks like you came across a very complete early car though. It still has the metal engine fan, original braided hoses everywhere as well as the early vertical rear defroster. I'd be interested to know what color code it is (sticker on the radiator support, passenger side) out of personal curiosity.

you would also have to change ALL the motor seal due to the fact that its been sitting for so long. and it would be a good idea to take the motor apart and clean it pistons mite be stuck same with the carbs and while you at it change the seals. also check up on the trans make sure its not leaking oil. and check ur brakes and brake lines rats could have biten the hoses. thats about it. alot of work but its worth it,engine is EASY to take out.

ill figure out the color code for you man, and yeah lots of work indeed. im still awaiting response from another z. ill probably keep posting on here about diff cars hence the ongoing so i dont spam the thread lol with what yall think posts lolz

thx for the info!!!

Could turn out to be a Nice series one car.

Then again take the no rust thing with a grain of salt. My PO promised there was no rust.

...Then my foot fell through the painted over floorboard.

Mine was advertised as minimal rust. All things considered, I haven't found that much rust in addition to that. I can't even put my foot through the floor.

if i go check it out ill make sure to check for rust, its a California car thats been sitting for 30 years i dont see how it would rust

Trust me, the car could be from Mars and it would still have rust. You'll be lucky if everything is surface rust if it's been sitting in the garage forever.

true, still looking for a car th owner of this car is out of town

hate to break it to you but that cars under carriage is rusty, I saw it the other day. The interior is pretty trashed and missing a lot of parts

The roof is caved in from him storing objects on it. The battery tray is about to fall off.

btw that's not the oem paint, it has an old pealing paint coat on top.

needs a LOT of work

• 3 weeks later...