HybridZ

Awesome VQ sound!

touge240Z

That was loud.

Owner claims Intake, headers, a 3.5'' single exhaust, and cams. All the rest stock.

And 312hp. Is this proper race motor figures? I haven't a clue. I'm surprised it makes that tone with such a large pipe! I don't think any of us can get that high pitch with anything bigger than like a 2.5 or 3". :shock:

OH MY GOD

That is not at all what I was expecting. I wonder if that sound can be achieved on a Z?

Here:

Now this brings me to the question, are these like tapered primaries or what? I heard from my dad that they are now tuning the primaries with venturis to speed up the flow even more. Aren't the Kameari headers equal length and tapered and does this taper qualify as the venturi or is the venturi an actual piece that goes into the primary? Still, I have no clue and I'm not interested in stealing this thread. Just some food for thought. :)

EDIT: Haha shows how much I know. Stepped header is same thing as tapered or something like that. I'm hopeless.

And 312hp. Is this proper race motor figures?

That's about right for an engine built to the GrandAM GS ruleset.

I don't think any of us can get that high pitch with anything bigger than like a 2.5 or 3".

The sound a V6 engine makes is different then the sound an inline 6 makes. My 3L race engine sounded similar at high rpm but with a more raspy note. Cam and compression ratio have the biggest effect on engine sound.

Liked how it sounded, but $2200?

That's a very reasonable price given the amount of development time that went into the system and the expected market.

I wonder if that sound can be achieved on a Z?

No, the inline 6 will sound different.

I always wondered how the stock 350z sound occurred in the first place. Never sounded like a normal V6 to me. Normal being like a Buick or something.

Now I'm really curious about making my own headers out of a regular old set of typical MSA ones.