HybridZ

Going to look at a z in atl!

Actually its at north Atl Import Service. Does anybody here that knows how to assess the value of a z want to come look with me, and make sure i don't get ripped off? If so, please pm me your phone number and name so I can call you and let you know details. thanks,

Austin

Take alot of pics and post them, should give forum members a rough idea of its value.

Main thing is rust really.

He says that he is the second owner, and that the car has been garage kept for the entirety of its life. he says absolutely not a spec of rust, and it comes with a 5 point cage and a spare dash, the dash thats in the car has no cracks. interior is mint, and has a 4 speed and possibly a ported and polished head. car has not been cut at all, and the motor was swapped for an l28, but the l28 is seized and the head is seperated from the block...He wants 3900 for it.

He says that he is the second owner, ....... absolutely not a spec of rust....He wants 3900 for it.

WOW you can find a non running car in good condition for a lot less than that. Like 900-1200.

Even if its "garage kept" there is going to be rust if it was driven on the road! ITS A 30 YEAR OLD DATSUN. Check the battery tray, floor boards, dog legs, A,B pillars, under the diff, wheel wells, back hatch and spare tire. Unless he just painted it you will find some thing...... So if its not running but in the condition stated shoot for closer to 2000 for it. He is trying to get back some "lost" money in a project. (<------ slight pet peeve)

I have a spare running l28 i can put in it, and a five speed too. we didnt make the drive tonight, step dad got stuck in traffic and it was too late to go. i'm going to go LOOK at it friday or saturday, and if it really is as nice as he says it is, and literally just needs the motor dropped in (should already have an ecu and appropriate wiring since it was already swapped) and brakes bled, then i may pick it up. the way i see it, a very nice z, and a motor i just have laying around, should, according to my calculations, equal a nice cruiser/daily. i still have the 77 that i'll put the cage in, and we're planning a vq or LS swap so it'll be plenty quick. this would just be a minimal build for a nice dd. but if its not damn near perfect, i'm not going to get it.

Ok, EAST COAST prices are as followed:

Any "clean" rust-less 240z car as a roller is worth a min of $2500. Anyone looking for a 240z or a s30 for that matter would agree. Most of the car around here or just crap. Period. I paide $2500 for mine, non running, crack free dash and would have def paid 3k for it. Rust sucks and just be sure to really check the car over.

I have a spare running l28 i can put in it, and a five speed too. we didnt make the drive tonight, step dad got stuck in traffic and it was too late to go. i'm going to go LOOK at it friday or saturday, and if it really is as nice as he says it is, and literally just needs the motor dropped in (should already have an ecu and appropriate wiring since it was already swapped) and brakes bled, then i may pick it up. the way i see it, a very nice z, and a motor i just have laying around, should, according to my calculations, equal a nice cruiser/daily. i still have the 77 that i'll put the cage in, and we're planning a vq or LS swap so it'll be plenty quick. this would just be a minimal build for a nice dd. but if its not damn near perfect, i'm not going to get it.

If it were only that easy...