HybridZ

Rare/Interesting/cool Parts Thread

Sonethirty

Wow Ben, very interesting!

I have 2 nissan big letter cover and I just realize I have one of each.

I would also be interested in knowing where they came from.

Tony D probably knows something about those.

The nissan2000OHC is probalby from an L20 engine, the old six cylinder version.

Here is my last find on the web about Rare/Interesting/cool Parts.

The old school nissan ITB for the LY head with an strange manifold for install those itb on common head.

f0157823_19113327.jpg

f0157823_19121622.jpg

f0157823_19134034.jpg

f0157823_19161723.jpg

An one of those special Kameari valve cover with the custom letter datsun3100

img2691.jpg

Edited by nismo_zxt

Here is my last find on the web about Rare/Interesting/cool Parts.

The old school nissan ITB for the LY head with an strange manifold for install those itb on common head.

f0157823_19113327.jpg

f0157823_19121622.jpg

f0157823_19134034.jpg

f0157823_19161723.jpg

I don't know what you mean by "common head", but that manifold and head are a pair and the throttle bodies were original to it ( and nothing to do with the LY Crossflow specifically, although the same items were used on works LY Crossflow engines ). The head pictured is the 'FIA' E4621 head, also known as the 'Safari' head, and was used by Nissans works race and rally cars during 1972 and 1973. It was designed to be used with the race version of Nissan's 'ECGI' electronic injection, with the throttle bodies illustrated.

The parts in the above photos belong to me, although they are currently 'on holiday' in Japan, staying with a friend of mine.

I found those pics in a blog on http://www.ssfalcon.com/

Yes, Watanabe san visited my good friend Matsui san at 'NP35' and took the photos for his blog there. Matsui san is working on a project with me at the moment, and the parts are currently in his workshop.

What kind of bottom end goes with the head?

Being part of a factory 'works' race program, lots of quite special parts were used with it. Specially-selected ( L24 ) block casting, special narrow rod journal crank with extra crank dowelling and improved metallurgy, factory narrow journal race rods, pistons etc etc etc. It was designed to work longer at prolonged high RPM, and with the possibility ( in Safari Rally mode ) of less than ideal fuel use in-field, which the computer would compensate for.....

By any chance does anyone know the specs/setup on this 280ZX at 1990 Speed Week at Bonneville Salt Flats?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTERwqj2U-M&sns=em

Yes, Search here and all will be revealed. OZ made that run in 91 and from what has subsequently been learned, cut a tire precipitating the spin. It's all old-school tech, and the car currently is in storage in the PNW.

Yes, Search here and all will be revealed. OZ made that run in 91 and from what has subsequently been learned, cut a tire precipitating the spin. It's all old-school tech, and the car currently is in storage in the PNW.

yup. Oz is a super cool guy and this car is still sitting in his garage last I heard.

The stuff done to this car is a marvel of pre-stand alone ECU engineering IMO

Correction on the "pre-standalone"--there WERE standalone systems available when that car was built. Don't think there weren't! Haltech is one of the oldest out there and was available at the time. (SK, HKS, and several other JDM manufacturers had Analog EFI available at this time as well, comparable to the Haltech.)

That doesn't detract from the Old-School approach taken on the car, but it's definitely not 'Pre-Standalone' construction era for sure.

Want hard-to-find: Toyo Proxes R1A's in 225 50-14 and 225 40-14... I personally touched them at a tyre shop in Japan yesterday afternoon.

It looks like I will be putting some 'excess baggage' on the return flight from Japan come this October.

Once again, my 14X9 Watanabes will ride again!!! :lol: