HybridZ

ZCC - Custom Tail Project (Rear Spoiler)

palauoriginal

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm, I'm definitely thinking I may be losing my IMSA wing this baby when it's ready for sale. Excuse my ignorant question, but what method will be used in securing the wing down to the hatch?

Wing will be fastened to the hatch by two bolts...

Just out of curiosity how will this look/work with your Widebody rears?

Should fit very nicely... The tail was actually widend to meet the rounded detail line on the side of the fender quarters. Wont know for sure until I get one on a car with our IMSA Kit.

Tail is still in mold process. One mold section is completed, and I believe he's already into the second part.

I've already told him that once he's got the mold, to start on perfecting the layup schedule so we can get an idea of materials and pricing for both.

thats a compliment!!

That was actually a question I had on my mind. I would like to know clearance between the quarter.

Obviously a 3 piece would need the closest fitment. Looking at the one piece I do have it does have some clearance built into it. Things flex and body lines vary.

Update:

Pictures of the mold!!....

Love my new mold maker, he does the most awesome work. Mold is top quality, note CF layers!!

This thing is beautiful.... 3 piece mold, fits together like a glove.

We will be finishing small details this week. Layup schedule will begin, and we should have our first CF part laid up by next week. Part will be laid up in only 2-pieces!.. only 1 small line will be hidden at the tips of the tail, otherwise the CF patter should be unbroken t/o the tail.

If people are wanting a FG tail that will be available. CF tail w/o clear ( for those racing or painting the tail ) will be available also. CF w/o clear may have slight pin holes but will weigh in under 3 lbs!!! :trippen:

Std. CF Tail will be sprayed w/ UV protection clear coat. The clear adds a bit of weight ( not much ), so the tail will come in just over 3 lbs respectively.

I'm guessing I should have pricing and initial orders begin by next month.

I'll keep you informed.

Brian

post-1112-025518700 1282006600_thumb.jpg

post-1112-083009100 1282006614_thumb.jpg