HybridZ

ZCC - Custom Tail Project (Rear Spoiler)

palauoriginal

OK, I told my body guy to pull the paper off the spoiler TODAY and will be going to snap picture os the the mounted spoiler in about an hour. I will post them up tonight.

The car will not have tail lights in it etc, it's just a shell (shell/hell). Hopefully this car will come out of the shop with in the next 5-10 days, I can't wait. After that we'll begin the power steering fabrication, drop in the engine and tranny for mock up/drill some holes for the transmission X member, pull the engine out and then off to paint!!!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As soon as the car is finished we'll roll it out. I cannot get a profile pic of the car due to the space limitations, fence on on side and stuff piled up on the other. Sorry bud, you'll have to wait, just like I have for MONTHS grrrrr arggggggh.

David

• Administrators

My wife and I made a trip out to see Brian on Saturday. Got my grubby little hands on the CF spoiler... it looks even better in person. I had to exercise my inner Scrooge to keep from leaving with it.

Thanks again, Brian, for all the hospitality!

My wife and I made a trip out to see Brian on Saturday. Got my grubby little hands on the CF spoiler... it looks even better in person. I had to exercise my inner Scrooge to keep from leaving with it.

Thanks again, Brian, for all the hospitality!

Yup it DOES look better in person, pictures of it just don't do it justice!!!

Edited by dsommer

As soon as the car is finished we'll roll it out. I cannot get a profile pic of the car due to the space limitations, fence on on side and stuff piled up on the other. Sorry bud, you'll have to wait, just like I have for MONTHS grrrrr arggggggh.

David

Fair enough! Still looks fantastic and is pushing me over the edge to get one of these vs the victory spoiler.

Hmm.. I wish you'd gotten a picture of how it looks from a distance. Up close pics make it very hard to tell how it'll look overall. But from the pics you did take (much obliged btw!) it sure does look good. Good luck with the paint. :)

Dave

Thank you for the comments, as stated above as soon as I can roll the car out further (maybe later this week?????) I'll get the prfile pics WITH THE G-NOSE ATTACHED TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David,

Great photo's..... Thanks for taking the time to get those done. It looks like a few of them were made hanging from the rafters!!

Yes, the photo's don't do it justice........ Almost had to search RTz's car before he left. LOL

Ron, My pleasure, your welcome to drop by anytime... Sorry I didn't have my hotel setup better for you ( tried turning him and his wife into a Popsickle :unsure: ) I'll make sure to have the heat blaring for you next time. ;)

Edited by azcarbum

I thought it was mentioned earlier in this thread that Speeder has one on his car. It looks like it, anyways. I'm surprised you guys aren't using that for a side profile reference.

Taken from his sig:

280YZsmall.jpg

Yep.... Thats one of them. Totally missed that on the photo!

Edited by azcarbum

OK.... Heads up!!

Got with Jesse ( mold maker ) today, and he is up to making the small changes to the Tial that most of us have agreed on. I'm going to meet with him again tomorrow, and we're going to go over the details.

Here's what were going to do:

1. making the tail more flush to the hatch lid by doing away with the 1/2 leading edge.

2. remove the rear overhang lip, to allow for the tail to be fitted on the hatch better.

3. rounding the outer Edge's of the wing just slightly, to match more of the Z body lines.

Ultimate product were shooting for is a 2-layer, complete CF tail ( FG will be available ).. Weight will be less than 3 pounds by our estimate.

If your seriously interested in purchasing this tail once complete, i'd like to hear from you to get an idea of confirmed interest.

PS: We also will be discussing a few other projects that are just as awesome.. One is truely remarkable, and insane!! :D

Edited by azcarbum

OK.... Heads up!!

Got with Jesse ( mold maker ) today, and he is up to making the small changes to the Tial that most of us have agreed on. I'm going to meet with him again tomorrow, and we're going to go over the details.

Here's what were going to do:

1. making the tail more flush to the hatch lid by doing away with the 1/2 leading edge.

2. remove the rear overhang lip, to allow for the tail to be fitted on the hatch better.

3. rounding the outer Edge's of the wing just slightly, to match more of the Z body lines.

Ultimate product were shooting for is a 2-layer, complete CF tail ( FG will be available ).. Weight will be less than 3 pounds by our estimate.

If your seriously interested in purchasing this tail once complete, i'd like to hear from you to get an idea of confirmed interest.

PS: We also will be discussing a few other projects that are just as awesome.. One is truely remarkable, and insane!! :D

Do you have pricing for the CF and FG tails? I'm definitely interested.