HybridZ

Please help me ID these seats...

kenz240z

I picked these seats up at the salvage yard this afternoon. Found them in a '77 Porche 924, but they are not the original seats from that car. They did not use the stock seat mounts, instead there were holes drilled through the floor to mount these seats in the Porsche.

I've searched the photo gallery and also online, but haven't found anything exactly like these. They say "TURBO" beneath the head rest. There are two dials on the side, one for lumbar support and the other pulls in the upper side supports. There is also an adjustable thigh support (moves up & down).

I set them in my project 240Z and it looks like they will work, although I'll probably have to cut out the stock seat supports. These should bolt right to the floor with a little work. They are comfy to sit in!

DSC03958_thumb.JPG

DSC03959_thumb.JPG

DSC03960_thumb.JPG

DSC03961_thumb.JPG

DSC03971_thumb.JPG

• 2 months later...
Positive ID: Those are out of a Starion/Conquest Turbo. Same seats (even the "turbo" part) as I have in my 240. Extremely comfortable. I've taken my z on eight and ten hour road trips with no backaches or pain. They adjust nine ways to Sunday too.

I forgot about the Mitsubishi Starions with the turbo. Now that I think about it, and remember, I vote for the Starion/Conquest Turbo seats.

Can't argue with those pics.

So I'll expound: On this very site many years ago, I read how the Starion/Conquest seats fit so well into S30's. I answered a local ad for excellent condition, blue/black Starion seats. The seller told me he had owned two Starions, the second one, a turbo, he had totaled. He loved the seats so much he pulled them out of the wrecked car and has been storing them for years to go into another car. But after several years he decided this was not going to happen and sold them, to me.

I can state, with absolute confidence, that the seats pictured in the first post match mine exactly in design and execution. They are a rather distinct design.

Beyond that I can only speculate that Mitsubishi may have used two different seat designs in the Starion. I do not remember if the seller told me what year Starion his was.

(shrug) (I couldn't find a shrugging smilie)

Thanks everyone who researched and determined that the seats are from a Starion. I need to find an upholstery shop that can re-skin the ones I have. I've test fit them in my Z and I'm sure they are going to be real comfy for long stints behind the wheel!

• 3 months later...

Ok I know this is a little out of date but I would like to add something to this if you are looking for these seats. They come from the flatside versions of the STar/quest cars the early years I believe 85-87 if I am not mistaken, that were automatic. The widebody standard trans and flatside standard transmission cars had the wider more supportive seats from the factory. They are somewhat hard to come by and I have only ever seen 3 sets of them.