HybridZ

Battle of the imports

Turbo Meister

Thanks to a Hybridz member, Corpcrim, for alerting me to internet pics of my car at the 11-22-09 race in Fontana.

Here is the link to a video of my race. http://vimeo.com/8007667

My first qualifying race was against a GTR, driven by Ed Bergenholtz. And as the announcer said, "This could be a pretty good matchup here". Not!!

226.jpg

137.jpg

I was the # 1 Qualifier in the Quick 16 bracket and had to give everyone a 2 second headstart.

Yeah, nice matchup with the GTR. lol

I'm surprised they let you run in an import event with a domestic motor. What is your best pass to date with the setup?

JT

So the "Battle of the imports" is only based on chassis, not engine?

Thanks for the comments, guys.

If you have an imported car with a domestic engine you can only compete in bracket racing, not a specific class. Then they take the quickest 16 cars out of all the bracket racers and form Quick 16 Bracket so that fast cars wouldn't have to race against the really slow bracket racers. Let me tell you there were a bunch of slow cars there....but they had fun, too.

I ran 9.44 last year when the engine leaned out and burned pistons. My current tune is still too rich, but it's safe.

Hanns

Nice run!

What color red is that on your car if you don't mind me asking?

From the windshield back there is an unknown enamel paint job that was on the car when I bought it 10 years ago. The front has a custom 2 step paint that was applied to match the existing color. The hood is 2002 Porsche red and is close but not perfect match'

Thanks, I appreciate everyone's comments.

Hanns