HybridZ

240mm flywheel seating on 83 zx auto

Guest ttoude

is this normal......

torque conv and starter ring came right off BUT the 240mm "seats" rather loosely is this normal?

(forget the motors year but the tps is down by the damper)

is that a spacer of some sort on the end of the crank? Does it come

off so the 240mm seats and centers better?

Searching revealed a "collar" but it sounds like they are refering to the TOB and arm length

It should just come off. I've taken apart an auto F54/P79 like yours and there was no issue. Hit it with a rubber mallet.

You never once mentioned a "flywheel" or "automatic to manual swap" in the original post, might want to thoroughly think through the OP when starting a new thread if you want serious answers.

It should just come off. I've taken apart an auto F54/P79 like yours and there was no issue. Hit it with a rubber mallet.

You never once mentioned a "flywheel" or "automatic to manual swap" in the original post, might want to thoroughly think through the OP when starting a new thread if you want serious answers.

Hey thanks, I'll definately be thinking alot harder about my posts before I post them. thanks for the tip

No prybar needed. I posted photos somewhere of me removing mine using a needle nosed pliers.

Take a propane torch and heat it slightly (hell heat it severely for all that matter....)

Once the adapter gets hot (which will be before the crank snout due to it's mass) it will either FALL off, or you can remove it with gloved hand or a needle nosed pliers.

Caveat about putting in the bushing duly noted, don't forget!