HybridZ

7'' headlight with built in turn signal

datsundave

I saw a z on ebay not to long ago that had 7'' round head lights with the turn signal built in looked good the guy sent me a link to the site where we he got them but it was no good. Has anyone else seen these or have them? I would like to find them for my car. I will try to find a pic. The site is http://www.autonik.com/products.htm if this helps.

Edited by datsundave
add site address

Believe it or not those headlights are cheap, & really cool....you can get them at your local Advance Auto Parts store for $10 each. They are a clearance item from the APC accesories craze of a few years ago. I've had 'em on my Z for over 2 years, but I still see them occasionally. They are a nice replacement for any car since the 60's with 7" round sealed lights. Get premium bulbs for them & you'll be very happy. Good luck!

Believe it or not those headlights are cheap, & really cool....you can get them at your local Advance Auto Parts store for $10 each. They are a clearance item from the APC accesories craze of a few years ago. I've had 'em on my Z for over 2 years, but I still see them occasionally. They are a nice replacement for any car since the 60's with 7" round sealed lights. Get premium bulbs for them & you'll be very happy. Good luck!

Thanks do you know what they call them at Advanced Auto or do you know a part #

Dave

• 1 year later...

I've got a set that I got from a beetle supply place a few years back. It's got an H4 main bulb, an H3 fog light AND a space for the "city light" up top ... that's where I was going to integrate turn signals. Talk about an all in one housing .. lol ... Now they're just sitting on a shelf in the garage waiting to be ebayed .. lol

Yes, I know I dug up an old thread ;)

I've got a set that I got from a beetle supply place a few years back. It's got an H4 main bulb, an H3 fog light AND a space for the "city light" up top ... that's where I was going to integrate turn signals. Talk about an all in one housing .. lol ... Now they're just sitting on a shelf in the garage waiting to be ebayed .. lol

Yes, I know I dug up an old thread ;)

Does it have any manufacturers information on it? Can you post pictures of them? Iv'e been trying to find a set of conversion lamps with a blinker and a glass lense... I'm sort of picky, I only want to use something that has the same "texture" in the lense glass as the stockers, so in all outward appearances they look stock.

I just listed the set that I have for sale in the classifieds section. I'll go out and look for any manufacturer info on them. I wish I remembered where I got them from as I thought they were a pretty cool idea. I don know that they DO NOT have an identical "texture" to them as stock but they ARE glass.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who are interested in projector headlights at the same time, my kits have a day time running light that can be turned into a turn signal bulb. You just have to switch the bulb with an amber bulb and tap into your turn signals.

Notice the bulb at the bottom of the light.

post-1991-032791000 1295904831_thumb.jpg

Edited by bens1088