HybridZ

Interesting craigslist turbo setup

The Woj

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/1537434759.html

Don't know that I've seen a blow through 2bbl weber turbo setup on a z-car before. From a brief google search, it seems that bug guys like to do it, and there is a kit for Corvair which modifies the carb quite a bit to get the jetting to work with boost.

Cheap car though...

(sorry if this has been posted already)

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/1537434759.html

Don't know that I've seen a blow through 2bbl weber turbo setup on a z-car before. From a brief google search, it seems that bug guys like to do it, and there is a kit for Corvair which modifies the carb quite a bit to get the jetting to work with boost.

Cheap car though...

(sorry if this has been posted already)

Interesting, and cheap, indeed.

Spent over $10,000? I just don't like it when people BS in their ads, but that is a very interesting set up.

Ah ah ah, he didn't state "dollars," just 10,000 of something. For me on that particular car it would have been 10,000 insults, curse words, or tears, but certainly NOT dollars :mrgreen:

BS indeed!

Davy

That Weber 45 is a colossal fail. They tried it on Corvairs and honestly had better luck reaming Jag 2" SU jets oversize and using hand tapered brazing rod needles to supply the fuel.

A single 45DCOE no matter WHAT jets you run and WHAT venturis you run will not be able to supply enough fuel for ANY serious amount of power.

Honestly a Rochester 2G would be as good....

come to look at it closer, that's a Crown Kit, with a Corvair E-Flow on it, using hte Clarks or Otto Parts adapter. I can attest that setup is sh*t!

Your only hope on it would be to run a TWM ITB with some 1100cc injectors. THEN the frame of a 45DCOE could supply enough fuel for some power....

Yeeeech!

Am I reading that right? $1500 asking price for a Non-Windshielded Z? MAN my inventory just went up in value by a factor in that case!!!