HybridZ

280z with 240z front

ModernS30

So I was wondering, since its not really a 280z after that what would we call it, do we do it like the Silvia guys do and call it a 280.4z? Since its a 240z front end on a 280z. If you don't know what I mean I mean like Big-Phil's car, I didn't know where to post this so I posted it in the Non-tech.

1259869407.jpg

So I was wondering, since its not really a 280z after that what would we call it, do we do it like the Silvia guys do and call it a 280.4z? Since its a 240z front end on a 280z. If you don't know what I mean I mean like Big-Phil's car, I didn't know where to post this so I posted it in the Non-tech.

1259869407.jpg

Naa, a 280z with a 240z front is a 260z... :icon45::mrgreen:

Naa, a 280z with a 240z front is a 260z... :icon45::mrgreen:

Funny story about that, my 260 came with both 240Z and 280Z turn signals, had a 280 grill, and the big 280 front bumper with no rear bumper. It confused me for a long time, I didn't know if it was an early or late 260Z. But I ran the VIN number and found out it's early. The previous owner shaved the indents for the rear bumper the improper way by just filling it with bond-o which isn't that much of an issue because I need those indents to run the thin bumpers don't I?

Funny story about that, my 260 came with both 240Z and 280Z turn signals, had a 280 grill, and the big 280 front bumper with no rear bumper. It confused me for a long time, I didn't know if it was an early or late 260Z. But I ran the VIN number and found out it's early. The previous owner shaved the indents for the rear bumper the improper way by just filling it with bond-o which isn't that much of an issue because I need those indents to run the thin bumpers don't I?

Maybe that 260z conversion was done back in the day to make it look like one of them BRAND NEW 280z's... Ghetto style :)

hybridzsig.jpg

This mustang 280 car thing needs lower....the front looks like its taking off when its sitting still

I agree... working on it. I've always thought the tokicos never seemed leveled out.

Ordering coil overs soon. Then, just need to save up for some mr2 struts for sectioning the front.

In the mean time... Hooray for photoshop again... lol.

wheels.jpg