HybridZ

1972 240 388cid small block

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful build...simply awesome!! :2thumbs:

I have to ask what is that spiffy bracket you're using for the alternator? And it looks like you're installing A/C as well? Nice!

Good luck with the rest of it and happy motoring!

I have to ask what is that spiffy bracket you're using for the alternator? And it looks like you're installing A/C as well? Nice!

Man thanks for the compliments!! It makes the stress of the project worthwhile. The bracket is made by Moroso it comes with a Billet Aluminum finish but I had mine chromed. It must been ran with the CSR,Meziere or Moroso electric water pumps. I think it's the most trick bracket available especially if you are running old school heads like mine which do not have accessory bolt holes. Actually what you saw on my motor is a crank case vacuum pump. A/C? lol this unit is being built for wheelstands not comfort! :) Good news is you won't need that bracket! Here's the link to the one you would most likely be interested in.

http://www.moroso.com/catalog/categorydisplay.asp?catcode=30001

• 5 months later...

Man thanks for the compliments!! It makes the stress of the project worthwhile. The bracket is made by Moroso it comes with a Billet Aluminum finish but I had mine chromed. It must been ran with the CSR,Meziere or Moroso electric water pumps. I think it's the most trick bracket available especially if you are running old school heads like mine which do not have accessory bolt holes. Actually what you saw on my motor is a crank case vacuum pump. A/C? lol this unit is being built for wheelstands not comfort! :) Good news is you won't need that bracket! Here's the link to the one you would most likely be interested in.

http://www.moroso.com/catalog/categorydisplay.asp?catcode=30001

Finally got wiring kicked off!

post-9805-023782500 1281462212_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally got wiring kicked off!

Long240project:

What is being done with the wiring? Did you find a fuse block and wiring kit that will go into the 240Z? What will be done with the turn signal and headlight switch stalks? I have to go through this process myself with a SBC and T56 trans in a 240Z. Hoping you will share some of your thoughts on this process.

Long240project:

What is being done with the wiring? Did you find a fuse block and wiring kit that will go into the 240Z? What will be done with the turn signal and headlight switch stalks? I have to go through this process myself with a SBC and T56 trans in a 240Z. Hoping you will share some of your thoughts on this process.

Rsicard,

The wiring project was kicked off a long time ago and is a done deal now. When the car was taken down I strip every single wire out of it. The car is in reality a race car so my wiring is super simple compared to trying to make every bell and whistle that it came stock with work. Will your SBC be fuel injected or Carb? You can buy an upgraded mini fuse panel that plugs right into the existing harness if you havent taken your wiring out as I did. Tell me more about the current state of the wiring and where you wanna end up and I am sure I can help. Also I will take some pics of the turn signal stalk I used!! Its super trick and super compact and has turn indicators that also light up self contained. It's hard to cover everything on here so if you are interested once i post the pics we can discuss via phone. If you want use my method.

Lane

Appreciate it. I have a similar project in the making with a ford rearend/ drag radials. Its interesting to see that you've managed to keep your car in one peace with your 60ft. & 10 sec. passes. I've previously asked questions on this forum to get some ideas on what is necessary in chassis strengthening for (traction/hp) 1/4 mile cars. My doors close nicely & LOL I want to keep it that way. Dan

Rsicard,

The wiring project was kicked off a long time ago and is a done deal now. When the car was taken down I strip every single wire out of it. The car is in reality a race car so my wiring is super simple compared to trying to make every bell and whistle that it came stock with work. Will your SBC be fuel injected or Carb? You can buy an upgraded mini fuse panel that plugs right into the existing harness if you havent taken your wiring out as I did. Tell me more about the current state of the wiring and where you wanna end up and I am sure I can help. Also I will take some pics of the turn signal stalk I used!! Its super trick and super compact and has turn indicators that also light up self contained. It's hard to cover everything on here so if you are interested once i post the pics we can discuss via phone. If you want use my method.

Lane

Lane:

I have Electromotive (sequential port) fuel injection. Have studied all the fuel injection options and this one appears to be as good as the best from FAST. I will try to reverse engineer the stock 240Z turn signal and headlight/wiper stalks so that I can understand how to rewire them along with an standard and more expanded fuse panel. Will add heavy relays to the headlights and cooling fan etc. Likely convert over to LED easy replacements for the bulbs in taillights, marker lights, turn signal and brake lights. Front brakes will get upgraded. Convert to power steering and hydroboost for the brakes. Have brackets for power steering pump and Air Conditioning compressor, Alternator and water pump. Found the JTR radiator sent to me is TOO TALL. Going to a Griffin Racing radiator for the all out 383 stroker SBC. Want to race the car (road race) and drive also on the street and maybe the drag strip. In the process of wiring the Fuel Injection and Engine Bay.