HybridZ

Considering purchasing another vehicle...

Tony D

NASA has just announced the cutting of the price for the surplus Shuttles after they decommission the fleet soon. Due to maintenance required, they are dropping the price of the shuttle (some assembly required) from $42mil to $28mil.

Anybody who knows me, knows I'm a sucker for a fixer-upper, and at this price it's almost too good to let pass by. Besides, it will really P.O. Branson if I get one and he can't have it!

Whaddya guys think, sell off the shark car and go for H2 Green-Burning Rocket Power?

You think I can swap a Chevy in there to cut fuel costs?

My friend since third grade, who went to school with me for many years, now works down at NASA on the shuttle payload/packaging designs. I think he can get the employee discount. I'll see what I can do Tony. ;)

If you part it, I get dibs on the tiles. I would love to cover my T3 turbine with shuttle tiles.

The tiles are cool (yes, it is a pun).

I was at a new customers home last week (he's retired from the shuttle program) and he handed me a piece of one that flew into space. They're incredibly light and tough at the same time.

Buy it and put a Datsun emblem on it Tony.

Guest Rolling Parts
Whaddya guys think, sell off the shark car and go for H2 Green-Burning Rocket Power?

Russia can't afford to launch a shuttle, now the USA can no longer afford it.

You will probably would have to sell BOTH the shark car and a Series 1 to make it work.

That being the case, I'd hold on to the Z's and just strap on a couple of SRB's to them. Of course SRB's on a Z would require the standard warning labels be affixed to the dash... WARNING: DO NOT POINT AT EYES. DO NOT WAVE NEAR FACE OR OTHERS. DO NOT USE INSIDE.

Unless you get a pair of SRBs its pretty much a useless toy or a very expensive backyard ornament. Maybe the kid can move out of the house and live in the Casa de Shuttle?

Ring, ring...

"Morton Thiocol, how may I direct your call?"

"Hi, my name's Tony and I want to buy two space shuttle SRBs please."

"Just a second sir while I transfer you to the FBI."

Edited by johnc