HybridZ

Fuel cell recommendations

DeLorean

Hey guys, I am gathering parts for my RB25DET build and missing only a few (that I know of, ha). My next bit of confusion is over what fuel cell to get. I was planning on ordering through jegs, and as of now looking at a 15 gallon they have for sale. The specs are:

15-Gallon Fuel Cell

0-90 Ohm Fuel Level Sender Included

-08AN Male Outlets

Natural Aluminum

That guy runs $249. I guess I am wondering what other RB guys are using, so if you have any advice or suggestions, I would love to hear them. Thanks in advance...

who needs to know how much fuel when going 1/4 mile at a time lol... I ran a 8 gallon in my last project..(with l28 running 24 psi) wasn't too bad, wasn't goign to get gas everytime I drove it.. wasn't a commuter, dd, more of a I think I'm gonna drive this today sorta car... Also didn't have a gas gauge either... I was happy for 100$.. Now if your looking to be makeing laps(more than 2-3) or daily driving the car, then I would go larger than 8.. Which is why I'm going with a 12 gallon this time.. Much more mild(probably 8 psi daily, high boost of only 12, yet again a l28) now the difference between it being for an rb? just the bling factor? but if I had the loot to boot, and was looking to track or daily, it would be pretty much as you described lol... good choice!

I would run a stock tank and a surge tank. That setup costs an carby fuel pump and a can, which you can buy or make relatively easily and installation is going to be a hell of a lot easier than properly installing a cell. My fuel safe cell is very heavy too compared to a stock tank.

I am running a Summit 15g that sounds just like the one you described, so is a friend, they have worked great so far. You will just need to figure out a fuel gauge to work with that sender, I pipe it into my EMS to read the level and my friend uses an Autometer gauge.