HybridZ

The Worthy Advice Thread-Give us all some

Heathhh

I felt a thread should be made for good ole advice. There's a couple forms of advice such as how to do this and that, and how to properly wash your hands. It doesn't necessarily matter what kind of advice you give but how about you share the advice to help those who would benefit.

The main reason to create this thread though, was just for advice on life itself. The guys (and gals) that have lived and have come to know life could really help those younger (even older, no one is too old for wisdom) to make the right decisions in life. So on that note, what do you wish you would have been told when you were younger that would have really helped you out in life? We have all been through this when we thought how come i wasn't told that when i was younger?! Because we know that it could have seriously helped us in the long run. So anything you wanna tell the younger that you had wished those older than you would have told you, say it here.

The point is, just try to be helpful by giving some advice. Without it being too boring, funny advice is absolutely welcome as well.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start it off-

Do unto others as you would have them do onto you.

Check the movie case before your going to return it.

And, make sure your lug nuts are tight on your car. Just had a friend whose front wheel passed in front of him. (i found mine were lose too!)

One thing i am very grateful for being told not too long ago-

Learn new skills and ability's as young as possible. People will come to you for knowing them, and they will wish they would've learned them when they could have instead of paying for them now.

• Administrators

As a volunteer staff member on one of the greatest high performance sports car forums around, I have some advice for the newbs;

1) Before you click "I Agree" to the rules, actually read them!

2) If you do click "Accept" without reading those rules and you get busted for violating the rules you agreed to, don't get pissy with the staff that called you to take ownership of your error! Taking responsibility for ones actions is a virtue that is becoming rare as the new generations come of age...

3) If you are going to ask a technical question and expect a professional technically accurate answer, then ask your question in a professional manner. A manner that shows the group you are about to ask that you do appreciate their advice and the time they are giving you to share that advice! Generally that advice cost these guys a great deal of time and money to learn, sometime years, least you could do when getting this info for free is show them due respect. Basically, if you want professional quality tech advice which this forum is known for, then ask in a professional manner. Capitalize, punctuate, and proof read your post before you submit it! It’s really not that difficult and reflects a character of integrity that is diligent and respectful, a character that others will want to freely share quality advice with.

4) In the quest for tech info, don’t be afraid to open to your eyes to the resources that are available to you. Search engine, Google, forum sub sections, Stickies in those sub sections, etc, are invaluable resources, if you are willing to apply some effort in looking on your own.

Edited by BRAAP
Typo's

If you are going to ask a technical question and expect a professional technically accurate answer, then ask your question in a professional manner. A manner that shows the group you are about to ask that you do appreciate their advice and the time they are giving you to share that advice! Generally that advice cost these guys a great deal of time and money to learn, sometime years, least you could do when getting this info for free is show them due respect. Basically, if you want professional quality tech advice which this forum is known for, then ask in a professional manner. Capitalize, punctuate, and proof read your post before you submit it! It’s really not that difficult and reflects a character of integrity that is diligent and respectful, a character that others will want to freely share quality advice with.

I like it....

Best advice after starting in the 'field of managment' given to me by a guy further up.

"Everyone has their own agenda, remember that, and never forget yours"

My wife, the psychologist, gave me a tip many years ago that goes nicely with what Nizm0Zed added above.

Her insight: We all live in our own reality.

That little bit of information has helped me understand why I don't understand the strange things people do and say.

Dennis

When separating firecrackers from a long string of them, never assume that you can pinch off the flame from the center fuse with your finger nails.

If you are foolish enough to try,for gods sake , NEVER EVER!! do it in the house.

Don't ask me why.LOL

Mongo