HybridZ

When you push 100psi of boost, you will literally blow the motor right out of the car

josh817

Oh I thought it could handle OVER 9000!

haha, that was just something from another forum I felt like posting. there was a local dyno event and they were like. What are you going to make? They posted a huge 7 and then everybody was like, so your saying your going to make 7? In the same size, it was ammusing, and yes OVER 9000!

PS.

LOVE THE CAT!

I send the link to Frank280ZX while at work, and he calls me back "You know who built that engine---the guy where we went to the machine shop, that's his cousin!"

Man, talk about a small world. Discussing the pull we both noticed the ENGINE BLOCK is the only thing that 'leaves the building'---the crank and pistons are still IN THE FRAME.

Basically the combustion chamber pressure blew the block and head off the baseplate of the engine, leaving the crank and pistons flopping around in the frame...look closer! It's a riot: flop flop flop!

Apparently 11 was too much. :P

I send the link to Frank280ZX while at work, and he calls me back "You know who built that engine---the guy where we went to the machine shop, that's his cousin!"

Man, talk about a small world. Discussing the pull we both noticed the ENGINE BLOCK is the only thing that 'leaves the building'---the crank and pistons are still IN THE FRAME.

Basically the combustion chamber pressure blew the block and head off the baseplate of the engine, leaving the crank and pistons flopping around in the frame...look closer! It's a riot: flop flop flop!

Apparently 11 was too much. :P

Tony, I want to know how successful these tractor pull guys are. It seems like a lot of motors blow themselves to bits through a single pull. Is there ever a time where they last several pulls?! I've seen some monster ones like 5 V8's somehow all linked to the back wheels, radial engines, etc. Its insane.

It stayed together!

Edited by josh817

Tony, I want to know how successful these tractor pull guys are. It seems like a lot of motors blow themselves to bits through a single pull. Is there ever a time where they last several pulls?! I've seen some monster ones like 5 V8's somehow all linked to the back wheels, radial engines, etc. Its insane.

It stayed together!

I know a couple of pro stock guys around here that get a season out of their motors running diesel ans 120ish psi of manifold pressure. It's like any motosport where you take what the motor was designed for, and then tack an exponent on it.