HybridZ

Zee Works Enterprise

ModernS30

You heard me right guys. I found the holy grail of Z cars and Z car parts. Guy even has a mail box with a Z on it! Only open Monday - Thursday. No computer at all, just talked to him, sounds like a great guy. He is willing to ship. He has 2 Warehouses stacked to the ceiling with parts! Plus he has OVER! 200 cars! Nothing RHD but lots of 280zx 300zx 240z 260z and 280z stuff sitting around there. This guy has so many Z parts I think I made the greatest discovery of Z Parts EVER! I feel ever so important right now so Please acknowledge the fact that I was the person to find this and give me credit. :) I have a few pictures from outside the gate. Was there when he was closed. Just to give you an idea, you should have seen me at the gate, I was jumping up and down freaking out. Remember he doesn't have a computer, so that means no email or anything. He offered for me to come through and inventory the place and sell it on my own as in buying it from him cheap to turn around and make a profit off of you guys and I turned that down to post here. Please don't turn around and do that to us here since I didn't. I want to make this a place to get EVERY part we need.

Now I was given permission to post up his phone number, not sure what kind of heavy stuff he will ship but he has full cars engines, turbo cars, just cars everywhere. He said he has run out of space for cars. Like I said OVER 200 CARS!

His name is Mark he used to do full body work and resto's from what I understand but now he doesn't have enough time anymore he is just a part time mechanic on later model cars. Here is his contact info. Oh and the best part his, at the end of his call he said Zee ya.

Zee Works Auto Enterprises

4501 East 4 Ridge Road, Antonia, MO 63052-2711

(636) 942-3846‎

MONDAY - THURSDAY!

PICTURES! (I know they suck but better than nothing WHEN I get down there again I will snap better ones!)

Also remember these are only what I could see from the front gate.

300zxs.jpg

overthefence.jpg

hardtosee.jpg

Edited by ModernS30

He offered for me to come through and inventory the place and sell it on my own as in buying it from him cheap to turn around and make a profit off of you guys and I turned that down to post here. Please don't turn around and do that to us here since I didn't. I want to make this a place to get EVERY part we need.

What do you meant, don't "do that" to "us?"

The VAST majority of HybridZ members live NOWHERE near this guy, and none of the rest of us will have any access to any of this unless someone does just that.. I am not a hawkish, businesslike person in this regard at all (meaning I am all about helping Brother Man over maximizing personal Profit) but Profit is not immoral; profit is your just reward for investment of time and energy.

This gentleman's parts are worth much more real money if the market is as big as it could be; Limit the business pool to a six hour radius of Antonia, Missouri and you've got parts of Tennessee, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Arkansas, Illinois, and pretty much all of Missouri.. But the Datsun belts are on the West Coast, the desert in the Southwest, and the Northeast (you'll see that I even placed myself outside of any of these "Datsun Belts.") My point is that the parts will simply rust away if left to a limited customer pool.

Nobody can accuse you of charging "too much" when you sell on Ebay. Obviously some parts are utterly impractical to ship, but you could establish yourself as a liaison of sorts, checking the yard for This Left Hand Widget that Albert J S130 (resident of Datsonia, Massachusetts...) just happens to need, and then shipping it to him.. or helping people verify that a road trip with the trailer is justified, or something along those lines.

You can promote the dude's yard, make money for yourself (and him) and leave every person involved much happier for it, without stealing parts out from anyone.

What do you meant, don't "do that" to "us?"

The VAST majority of HybridZ members live NOWHERE near this guy, and none of the rest of us will have any access to any of this unless someone does just that.. I am not a hawkish, businesslike person in this regard at all (meaning I am all about helping Brother Man over maximizing personal Profit) but Profit is not immoral; profit is your just reward for investment of time and energy.

This gentleman's parts are worth much more real money if the market is as big as it could be; Limit the business pool to a six hour radius of Antonia, Missouri and you've got parts of Tennessee, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Arkansas, Illinois, and pretty much all of Missouri.. But the Datsun belts are on the West Coast, the desert in the Southwest, and the Northeast (you'll see that I even placed myself outside of any of these "Datsun Belts.") My point is that the parts will simply rust away if left to a limited customer pool.

Nobody can accuse you of charging "too much" when you sell on Ebay. Obviously some parts are utterly impractical to ship, but you could establish yourself as a liaison of sorts, checking the yard for This Left Hand Widget that Albert J S130 (resident of Datsonia, Massachusetts...) just happens to need, and then shipping it to him.. or helping people verify that a road trip with the trailer is justified, or something along those lines.

You can promote the dude's yard, make money for yourself (and him) and leave every person involved much happier for it, without stealing parts out from anyone.

Relax dude, you just didn't understand what I meant. I am fine with taking inventory and making a profit. He meant like sell them for much higher prices. I work man, I understand the profit for your work and everything. I just mean lets not get stingy and just because somebody can't get there to actually pull the part themselves and get the guys low price. Don't increase prices to something where its not helping anybody else because you could get it for the same price closer or something. I do plan to get back and take pictures and try to get an idea of everything he has. That way I can help you guys out. If something cannot be shipped by him I may be able to get it for you and ship it. I don't think shipping entire engines is going to happen without some planning. Same with whole cars. I am not sure how may of the cars don't have titles or are bad titles. He said he has been doing this for 30 years. I am all for somebody labeling every single car and part and having a book of it but that would probably take weeks of solid time alone. I work, I am in school, I am a busy person, its still a 4-5 hour drive for me alone.

Hey Kinser,

Good find. I just pulled up the address in google earth. 4501 East 4 Ridge Road, Antonia, MO, Trying to see his lot. Can't seem to fid it. Nothing looks like the pictures you provided. Maybe you could upload google earth or go to maps.google.com and look.

Look at attachment to what google earth pulled up.

post-5512-12699010252831_thumb.jpg

Edited by 240Z8_Dad

That image is nearly 2 years old. Not saying he amassed that colelction in just 2 years, but google's stuff is a few years old most of the time.

But on topic, I think this is an excellent idea no matter if you or him make profit off it, good parts are hard to come by, especially some the rarer ones. I found a similar yard like that here in Arizona, the guy had about 9-11 junkers just sitting there but the ******* didn't want to part a single thing from them even though it was clear they'd been sitting for years upon years.

Maybe get the guy's permission to take closer pictures of individual cars/parts and get us some prices. That'd be awesome!

Yea that isn't it there. It is right across the street from a school. Sorry it's kinda hard to figure out, the roads there are VERY confusing. It took me a bit to find it. Was only 7 minutes out of the way for me on the way back anyways. I have permission to post his number online and inventory the lot, meaning taking pictures and such. If I get time I will try to just walk through and take a picture of every car. Also I have an idea of taking tally of each car with a paper with every year and model of a Z on it. Not like each package but you know year and 280z or zx or whatever. Just walk through and tally each car. Maybe write interior or not. He told me if he crushed one he took it apart and put the parts in/on around a car exactly like it so you could walk to the same type of car and it would be there if it's what your looking for. I have never seen such a thing or that many z cars in one place. (Never been to a z meet or nissan meet or anything like that). I can get you an overhead picture of the place just give me a minute.

Wowzers that's crazy. Can't wait to see what cool stuff may be laying in there. I want some cool seats or something but I live far away.

Hopefully I get up there sooner, I am willing to box up seats for you just not sure on shipping. He said he can ship stuff guys, call him.

Relax dude, you just didn't understand what I meant. I am fine with taking inventory and making a profit. He meant like sell them for much higher prices. I work man, I understand the profit for your work and everything. I just mean lets not get stingy and just because somebody can't get there to actually pull the part themselves and get the guys low price. Don't increase prices to something where its not helping anybody else because you could get it for the same price closer or something. I do plan to get back and take pictures and try to get an idea of everything he has. That way I can help you guys out. If something cannot be shipped by him I may be able to get it for you and ship it. I don't think shipping entire engines is going to happen without some planning. Same with whole cars. I am not sure how may of the cars don't have titles or are bad titles. He said he has been doing this for 30 years. I am all for somebody labeling every single car and part and having a book of it but that would probably take weeks of solid time alone. I work, I am in school, I am a busy person, its still a 4-5 hour drive for me alone.

I was just trying to make sure you weren't losing perspective.. from your original posting it seemed like you may have been opposed to making a premium for the service rendered, and I can tell you from experience that becoming a vendor of Junque like this is definitely a service for which you will deserve to line your pockets to a reasonable extent.

Shipping on large items is frequently way too expensive to be worth it for the distances I was talking about. Engines and heavy body panels are almost not worth it, unless they are in very good condition and therefore fetching a very good price.

One thing you could make a quick buck off of.. Check to see if there are any RWD Maximas around that have rear disc brakes. A very narrow production range of the Maximas with rear discs had the calipers mounted to a bracket that bolts on to the hub (whereas most were welded and had bolts through them as well, IIRC) This caliper bracket allows you to bolt the rear discs from a 280ZX onto an S30, and has been remanufactured and sold for $150-200 a pair. Obviously those are billet pieces made from pretty shiney metal, and the Maxima pieces are just cast steel, but functionally they are the same and they only weigh about a pound piece in cast iron.