HybridZ

XXR 522 wheels

Saw these and thought they might look pretty cool.

They're on eBay in silver and chromium black in 15x8 0 offset

I saw this post- http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/71395-rota-grid-drift-wheels/page__p__827050__hl__Chromium%20Black__fromsearch__1entry827050

Anyone have a pic of what they look like on a 240z

rimsz.jpg

I was very interested in these wheels at one point. Then someone pointed how "fake" the concave on the spokes and I realized what he meant. The spokes bow out from the barrel and THEN concave in. Maybe I'm being a stickler, I like them alot except for the bow out spoke design.

I was very interested in these wheels at one point. Then someone pointed how "fake" the concave on the spokes and I realized what he meant. The spokes bow out from the barrel and THEN concave in. Maybe I'm being a stickler, I like them alot except for the bow out spoke design.

I completely agree with you on that point, would have been much MUCH better if the spokes went straight to the barrel. With that said though, I still think that they do look pretty good. Also, alot of people say that the spokes stick out past the edge of the rim and knock the rim because of that. However, as you can see, they are at the edge of the rim.

It's all personal preference but I don't think they'd look bad on a Z, especially in flat black. And especially when you consider the price and good offset, kind of hard to find when looking for Z wheels :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just purchased these wheels the other day in 15x8 at 0 offset. I'm going to run 225/50/ 15 I believe (don't quote me on that as I haven't picked them up or finalized tire size yet.). I got them in flat black as well. I LOVE them in flat black but not so much in the other colors. I am picking them up on teusday so I will post up pics on how they look eventhough my car is ugly from not having a paint job and rattle can primer at the moment. Lol

by the way they only cost me 720 with tires out the door at a shop. So they might be even cheaper if they were bought online and thn had tires installed.

agree. When i post pictures it will be of my 75 280 with a urethane air dam but at stock ride height. I plan to put the car on jacks the same day as I get the wheels to do some suspension work to lower the car about an inch and a half and some body work as well. Maye if I feel up to it I will just put the suspension back together and see how it looks lowered as well. I will say this though, pictures really do not give these wheels justice. I personally like how the "spokes" concave back into the wheel and when you see that 3D effect it makes them look so much better. I disliked these wheels when I first saw this post, but when I saw them in person in the flat black color I loved them.

Two80z4me-What suspension set up are you running currently?

Haha he just needs to get some 50 series tires =) and give those big stock honking 70's a rest...i can say that i can slam the crap out of a car (horrible camber unless you use plates) and have 15x8 -20 or so wheels with 225-50's and they will NEVER rub

Haha he just needs to get some 50 series tires =) and give those big stock honking 70's a rest...i can say that i can slam the crap out of a car (horrible camber unless you use plates) and have 15x8 -20 or so wheels with 225-50's and they will NEVER rub

pffff I will get some 50 series tire, on my new 15 inch enkei meshies. 225/50/15

and im running Cut tokico Hp series springs. without the bushings on the back strut tower, i need to put those in to level it out. and for stickyzx, i dont have the big old honkin 70's no more, im using 195/60 on the back and 195/55 front.

here for reference: dn12.jpg

Sorry for the lag on pictures guys. Yesterday on the way to the car shop my car kinda caught fire. I didn't have the battery secured and it slipped offte tray and (I guess) broke a ground somehow (because the previous owner has the wiring all Jerry rigged) so for some reason those ground wires and a wire from the altenator caught fire and melted so I had to fix that ad put the battery hold down beaker back in(I know it should have been there to begin with duh). So now I need to find my wheel lock because it is misplaced and then I can put the wheels on and take some pics for you all.

alright guys here are the ics of my newly installed xxr 522's. I am running 205/50/r15 tires. The car is ugly right now so please pay that no mind as it will be going into the garage for body work and paint next week. I will also be lowering it 2 inches and I think it will look 10x's better. I am currently running the stock suspension and will be installing tokico suspension. They are 15x8 and i drover it around the block a couple times and didn't find any rubbing. The overall look of the car (being ugly as it is) takes away from the rims so i apoligize. Overall, I am happy with these but i should probably have gotten larger tires but oh well. Hope you enjoy the pics.

101_0294.jpg

101_0293.jpg

101_0295.jpg

101_0296.jpg

alright guys here are the ics of my newly installed xxr 522's. I am running 205/50/r15 tires. The car is ugly right now so please pay that no mind as it will be going into the garage for body work and paint next week. I will also be lowering it 2 inches and I think it will look 10x's better. I am currently running the stock suspension and will be installing tokico suspension. They are 15x8 and i drover it around the block a couple times and didn't find any rubbing. The overall look of the car (being ugly as it is) takes away from the rims so i apoligize. Overall, I am happy with these but i should probably have gotten larger tires but oh well. Hope you enjoy the pics.

101_0294.jpg

101_0293.jpg

101_0295.jpg

101_0296.jpg

should have gotten the 16's but looks good

Yeah I wanted the 16's but I didn't want to risk any rubbing issues since I can't find clear anwsers on what will or will not rub. So I got the 15s to be safe. I think I am going to lower it atleast 2 inches now instea of the 1-1 1/2 like I originally planned. I think that'll offset what the 16" wheels would have made up for. I think they will compliment my green paint that I plan to go to eventually (after I sand all that black off and some mint body work). Overall I am super happy with them and those tires ride so nice and grab really well.

• 1 month later...