HybridZ

going to look at a 1972 240z

im going to go look at a 1972 240z saturday and i need to know what to look for and where to look. specifically where should i look for rust and what other things should i keep an eye open for? i know these cars are old and have problems and ive never had to look at a car this old so any help, regardless of how idiotic it may seem, would be great. also im pressed for time, work and stuff, so i didnt do a search so please no flaming.

thank you

randy

lol dont ask not to be flamed, you will be flamed :P

but, frame rails, and floor pans, wheel wells, under the rear end. under the back hatch carpet, basically anywhere you can see with your peepers or a mirror, will be a good place to look.

happy buying

If you don't want rust I suggest not buying a z. You can't find rust free ones. Not unless its a one owner cali car and old lady/man had that was always in the garage in washed regularly and the put away for a long time because she/he decided to stop driving or just stop drive the z. ;) Look EVERYWHERE.

If you don't want rust I suggest not buying a z. You can't find rust free ones. Not unless its a one owner cali car and old lady/man had that was always in the garage in washed regularly and the put away for a long time because she/he decided to stop driving or just stop drive the z. ;) Look EVERYWHERE.

Just wanted to say that even if it was a Cali car, it WILL have RUST. The first sentence summed it up, "If you don't want rust I suggest not buying a z".

Just wanted to say that even if it was a Cali car, it WILL have RUST. The first sentence summed it up, "If you don't want rust I suggest not buying a z".

I tried to narrow it down, grandma, one owner, never driven in rain/snow anything wet. Washed well and dried well. Not driven much at all. Your right though, you won't be able to find one without.

thank you all. i know it will have rust on it i just wasnt sure as to where the main problems are. im off now to check it out and i will have time to work on it. ive been picking up shifts at both of my jobs so i wouldnt fall behind on my bills if i buy this car. also i wanted to say that if this question is asked so many times, which i am sure it has been, then why isnt there a sticky or pinned thread on this? i will let you know how it goes!

thanks again

randy