HybridZ

Yonaka seats?

Globerunner513

Just opinion here, but if you're going to spend any measurable amount of money on seats, you might as well just get a one piece seat, as they will offer the most comfort, safety and containment. Plus they won't be hard and over padded and will actually provide lumber and ass support.

Yeah, definitely recaro look-alikes. Better than some of the other knockoffs I think. I wish I could find a set of SRD's at a decent price.

I found a pair of these Yonaka's for a great deal. Thinking I might just jump on it and make them work.

I say no way to those seats. They look no different than one you see on eBay for half that price.

If you can get a steal on them then why not I guess.

But if you can spend $800 on Recaro knock offs save just a bit more and get the real deals, albeit used ones. I was able to get a pair of slightly used SRD's, black with grey stitching, mint condition for about a grand. Zilvia.net is a good place to look for used parts, they have new listings like every few minutes. Just keep your eyes peeled, I really don't see why those knock offs are so much more expensive than other knock offs. I've never even heard of Yonaka, I thought they made custom softball gloves...lol.

Edited by LoneStarS30Z

I think knockoffs are about all I'm going to be doing right now unfortunately. I don't really want to drop more than $300 or so at the moment, and that's what I've been able to talk this guy down to.

There are a few other knockoffs that I've seen for a little bit less, but not in suede, which I actually like.

The one thing I'm not so excited about is the weight of these seats. Does anyone know what a typical knockoff weighs in at? Real Recaro's I think should be about 20lbs or so...no?

These are 32lbs... :(

Edited by Globerunner513

Holy crap! Fatties!

I would say 20lbs per seat is a close guess. When I shipped 2 SRD's, the boxes weight was 70lbs. The box was huge and was stuffed full of padding and foam, so 20ish sounds about right.

Ever consider just looking for OEM seats from other cars? I got a pair of Porsche 944 seats for $100.

They look like integra Type R recaro's. Just more expensive. You could get a clean pair of type R recaro seats for one of those. Although I'm not sure about the size of the recaro's.

You can't get a pair of original JDM ITR Recaro's for under $750...no way. Maybe some crappy chinese knockoffs, but not OEM Honda. When I had my Integra GSR many years ago, I was dying for a set of those and they were selling for like $2,000-$3,000 and they are probably even more rare now.

well I'm a couple hundred $$ lighter, and now I have two seats sitting in the living room. Pics to follow.

Even though they're knockoffs, I'm happy with the purchase. I'll hopefully test fit them in the car this weekend.

Edited by Globerunner513

Drax, Did you install these in an S30?

If so, what did you do for mounting? I knew it would be a hurdle when I bought these, especially since I don't have a welder. Any suggestions?

I got them used, but very lightly. Payed $300 so I think I made off alright. I agree though, I would not pay $750 for these I don't think. Still a nice seat for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed a set of those with custom made brackets into a 75 280z. The driver side was a little more difficult because of a hump in the trans tunnel assumingly for a resonator or cat.Earlier 240/260's didn't have that hump.

These seats are a Recaro knockoff. The originals were in Type R civics in Japan.