HybridZ

s3003924 is being crushed for no reason.

yetterben

Drove buy a foreclosed pawn shop today. Out back is this 1970 240z. even has the 2400 valve cover on it. Not bad shape. Bank seized it as a asset. I quickly drove over to the bank to see if i could scoop up this gem. I was told the car was scheduled for termination this week. They dont want to sell it. Even without the title. Sad really. Its being loaded onto a semi and being crushed out of state. Gayness really. It has the interior brake light cover i have been after and they would not even let me take it out of the car its just laying there. Car is unlocked but under heavy camera surveillance at the business. FAWKING ***. Will take a pic in the moring on my way to work........................why corporate America WHY :cry2: :cry2: :cuss::cry2:

Edited by yetterben

I have been in enough trouble with the law in my life i dont need anymore lol.Point being its not my property to do with as i please. I will try to get more info and some pics. The floors and rocker are not good but the car could be saved. At least i could send parts off the car to other z owners so its spirit lives. A shame to crush it though damn shame.

Edited by yetterben

I'd say it's worth your while to talk to the guy that pick the car up to take it to be crushed. I don't really see a reasonable truck driver that wouldn't be willing to look the other way while you pay him to take a stop and eat lunch ;)

Heck, even getting the 2400 valve cover would be a nice score!

What somebody needs to do is talk to the truck driver. If you can get the time, if I could I would, follow him out to where it is being crushed. I am sure the crusher would sell the car for a little more than what he will get out of it for scrap. Means he gets more money. If not it may just have to "Fall off" the truck when it was loaded on the back. LMAO. I would be working a deal with anybody I could to at least get the parts off it. Everything I could. Thats what drives the prices up is the rare pieces getting crushed like that.