HybridZ

So I started Grad school

EvilC

So almost exactly three years after finishing up my undergard, I am back in school for my MBA. The plan was to pay off my undegrad loans and work for a company who will pay for me to go back to school. Currently my job pays for 85% of the cost of the program and upon completion pays off the remaining 15%. This works out great, even though I will be taxed on the money given to me to pay back the school. Small price to pay when someone else is footing 90% of the bill. The trade off for their payment is, I have to stay two years with the company or I would have to pay them back. This isn't an issue at all.

So last Thursday was my first class......four hours long! I now take my hat off to people who work full time jobs and go to class at night. I made it through class no prob but I can see some of the other who had long rides back home or started their day very early were dying to get out.

Hope to have it all done by two years......lol.....we shall see what thread I started two years from now. =)

Thanks!

Well the reason for the MBA is to help me move forward with my ME degree. I have almost three years on the job and have been working as a project manager ever since. I am planning where I would like to be four years fromnow with work and some what life....so better to get it all out the way now. I do like my current position but it is time for change within the company. I am looking to manage larger projects or move to the operations end of what we do.

Nice! You will have long days but it will be worth it in the end. I started school late because I was and am helping out the family. I'm 6 courses away from my Bachelors. I'll then take a little brake and dive into an MBA. :blink:

Good luck! If you've got a BSE, I'm sure you'll find business school a cinch ;) .

I did my MBA 5 years after my Architecture degree. I wasn't working at the time, so it only took me a year to finish the program. It did help land a job afterwords though :D

I feel your pain. I too am working on my masters degree. Twelve years after getting my BSME at the University of Florida, I find myself working on my MSME at UCF. I am taking one class per semester while working full time. At this rate, I should finish sometime in 2011.

I really miss having a life, and my car has been aweful lonely in the garage for the last year or so.

The way I look at it, if I would have started as soon as I got out.....I would be done! For me, get it all done before...wife...kid/kids...and while I build my Z cars! :D

One to two classes won't hurt so much......the four hours sitting there is another story.

Good job dude! Im 3 classes short of finishing my Accounting 150 degree, by August i will be fully done! Im walking this Monday and may or not be having a small shindig, I will let you know if it goes down

oh, got the motor/trans out, pulling the rear end Wednesday!

• 4 weeks later...

Good luck!! I am currently going to the University at Buffalo for my BSME, should graduate after next year but I got accepted into the MBA program so I will be working towards both at the same time and graduating in 2 years as well. From what I hear though after making it through all the weed out classes and stress associated with engineering, the MBA is much easier. Where are you going to school?