HybridZ

Speed Limiter?

I was looking at the Jim Wolf website at the ECU's, when i came upon something curious, they said that the new ECU removes the speed limiter? I was under the impression that my n/a s130 was just slow, or do these car actually come with speed limiters in the states? I've heard of them being used in japan and elsewhere. Anyone have an answer?

Z31 had limiter, their 500 hp box for the S130 employs a Z31 box, so removing that feature would be nice for employment in the earlier chassis.

The speed limiter would be ineffective in an early chassis. The S130 and S30 didn't have speed sensors so there is nothing for the speed limiter to read off of.

ok, so the Jim Wolf ECU is basically a tuned Z31 ecu made to work with the 280? that explains things, because i knew the Z31's had speed limiters. thanks for the cleriication everyone, so my car is just slow hahaha, its ok, im getting the turbo pieced together right now, that should make up for the crappy top end.

Since we are kinda on the subject and the answer was given, anyone know how to bypass the limiter on the cruise?

I believe the speedo is involved, however, I don't want to take the dash apart.

Edited by woldson