HybridZ

Bottoms Up

Jeff

That is VERY Nice! Well done! I'll be installing my Dupont bedliner on the top and bottom of the pans and subframe tonight, and then starting the plumbing of the fuel lines, brake lines and Battery relocation lines! I have to finish up some structural welding on the front of the subframes (clean up the crap from the original fabricator)when I get the car home, since my brother inlaw doesn't have a 30AMp breaker for my welder...Heavy gage stuff trips his 15amp units! Oh well, minor setback, but overall my car is moving along better than I had hoped... I call the machine shop today to arrange to have the shortblock balanced and rebuilt.

Mike Kelly :D

Jeff

That's great! You did good guy! Also thanks for the website information. I can really relate to a guy who brews his own beer, I did that myself a few years back.

I may have to break down and build a rotisserie myself. You know I'm not getting any younger and the idea of underbody repair welding etc. on a creeper is getting old!!! That way I will have two rotisserie's; One for my car the other for my Rock Cornish Game Hens!

Thanks

Len cheers.gif:D

IF, and I mean if, you feel motivated to run down to Wal-mart, you can pick up four cheap bathroom scales for about $6 a piece. Place one under each wheel and weigh the entire assembly (I'm assuming that the whole thing weighs under 1200 lbs??). Then when you are finished, weigh it again without the unibody attached. I sure would like to know what the unibody weighs by itself. When I had mine tore down, I estimated it at about 300 or so lbs, but did not rotisserize it. Just curious what they actually weigh.

Terry,

That's a great idea. I know it is very light and I would tend to agree that it is in the 300# range. I could lift the front or the back with ease and mounted the whole thing by myself. Not something I would try again though as I almost droped it off the stands by getting a little agressive malebitchslap.gif .

I'll let you know what I come up with although it will probably be a while before it comes back down.

You stole my thunder. My car got on the rotisserie on sunday. Your design looks cleaner than mine as the metal I used was scrounged from a rack that was torn apart at work but the metal was free. :D

I didn't go off anybodys plans so I guessed on hight and the placement of the center of balance on car and got lucky. Mine is not adjustable unless you concider cutting and welding adjustable but it works, one hand spins the car over :D

DP

If anybody wants pictures for another idea I can email them.

DP

Post some pics I would love to see your design and free is always a good thing. For all my effort and following someone elses plans I can't spin it over with one hand. I've got it mounted a little off center and it's bottom heavy.

Guest Zachb55

Hey, both Jeff and DP, i am making a new sight as we post and i would love to post them in my tech section, i would be sure to give you guys full credit, email me your pics and some info if you would like me to...

Heres my site so you guys can see if it is worthy of your crafty creations.

www.240ZConversions.com

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I would have never been inspired without this site, you guys are the best. hail.gif

By 400 ci 280z

are there bolts that keep it from sliding off. i am talking about the parts that bolt to the car and go onto the bar.
Everything is through bolted using 3/8" bolts. The two tubes slide together and have holes drilled at 2" o.c. for adjustment. Lots of holes to drill what a PIA. Here is a fuzzy pic of the front connection.

frontconnection.jpg

By Zachb55

Hey, both Jeff and DP, i am making a new sight as we post and i would love to post them in my tech section, i would be sure to give you guys full credit, email me your pics and some info if you would like me to...
I haven't taken very many pics yet, but I'll work on it and get back with you.