HybridZ

Thought about buying a used Beretta, but wound up with

auxilary

tauruspt92.jpg

usedTaurus PT92 that is. First hand gun, finally, to accompany the buttload of russian firearms that I already own. Used but in good shape. I fieldstripped it the other day, barrel's smooth and shiny mirror finish, and it feels good. Came with a 100 rounds of 9mm and hogue grips. Paid $350 (cheap for california)

very nice, I shot a Taurus 9 the other day at the range and It was one of the smoothest 9's I have fired.

I recently bought a .44magnum (non-revolver style) for protection, I chose the .45 for stopping power, and so I can use the dirty harry line...

That's not too horrible for a 9mm at 10 yds. Past that getting to 15-50yds is just trigger discipline and body control. You'll get it, just have to run enough ammo.

any further than 15, and Ammo comes into play trigger control, and breathing patterns. You pistol guys are lucky, don't have to worry about wind and all that shenanigans

I put about 60 rounds through it yesterday, 0 issues on feed or extraction. I fieldstripped it before to clean it, and everything looks nice and shiny. A bit of wear on the feed ramp, but it's normal for a gun that had 1-2k rounds through it.

Edited by auxilary

I've owned several Taurus brand guns over the last 20 years, and had zero complaints about them. I had a 6 shot 38 w/2inch barrel that was a gem, and still kick myself for selling it. Was a great gun. Also had a Taurus PT92 and put at least 5K rounds thru it over the years before selling it.

Here's a good read and explains why I have zero misgivings about owning a Taurus:

http://www.taurususa.com/history.cfm

Excellent home defense and "target" fun guns for not a lot of money.

Mike