HybridZ

Sign in if you drift your S130!

MiKeL 260

I've talked to the guy who own that 240Z. The only details I remember was it had an l28et, and the suspension a custom short strock setup. He wouldn't go into details about it. I believe he posts on the ohiodrifting forums, and he's got posts on here as well from when he was building it. Last I heard, the Z was retired from drift duty.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this must be the lamest topic ever ...

By a stretch aswel there are several reason why a s130 isnt the most suitable drift car to start with, next to that ... all replies i have seen here dont come close to actually understanding what is needed to built a competative drifter ( apart from $$) Sure any rear wheel drive will drift, trailing arms arent that bad .. hence the BMW's dominating the euro scene!.

A friend of mine is building porpose built drifter (s30) and swapping s15 suspension ( not to hard) mainly due to the pricing of parts for drifting..

As for pure pontiac kid.. i love your styling and love for the s130 .. but on technical aspect ... well you have allot to learn

sorry for ranting im probably just ranting or tired .. but man....

Its funny. I learned how to drift in a 82 280zx na back in the 90s when drifting hadn't become popular yet. Used to scare the crap out of my friends drifting through the industrial areas of Houston. I stuck with it even today for fun. I'm building my sixth Z, (4th s30) to just be a fun car. And drifting just happens to be fun. I don't care what anybody says, S30's drift just fine. As with any car that isn't purpose built, you just have to learn how to do it in that car! Ive been doing it for years. My first 240 was awesome at drifting once I figured it out. Its all a learnig game! So get out there and learn. Not on the streets though. There are drift events all over the country. Find one and They usually have sessions where you can learn.

I'm planning on playing around with the drift potential on my 240 when I finally finish my build... If only just for fun.... I already have the setup for hydraulic rear hand brake and running ~300-325whp should be enough the keep the rear tires loose. When I get there, I'll see what problems I'll have...

when i had my 81 280zx I would attempt to drift here and there.. The only time I pulled off a good one was on a street that had a 135 degrees turn ..It didnt last long but it was a rush..I also attempted to drift on a left turn while facing west but it was a complete fail. It was raining and i turned too much so I slammed on the brakes and came to a complete stop on the turning lane facin north RIGHT BEHIND A TRUCK. scariest moment of my life! Sold the car that week too!

DSC01453.jpg this is how it looked before the front airdam and dark metalic blue paint.