HybridZ

The new bumblebee?

zeeboost

Okay, it's painted up like Bumblebee, Shia Lebeouf and the main actress are getting into it and it has a bumblebee pendant hanging from the rearview, so it's definitely Bumblebee. There are plenty more pictures from the filming of Explosions! Robots! More Explosions! part 3 which still show Bumblebee as a Camaro.

As far as the knee jerk response of "Will it drive up the market for the Datsun 510??!!!??!!?!" well, probably not. Remember, this is a robot / explosion / CG deathmatch / stammering Lebeouf / hot actress movie, not really a car movie. Like zeeboost said, the price of crusty 2nd gen Camaros hasn't suddenly spiked. This isn't like F&F where the entire film glorifies the virtue of modifying the cars that most kids already had in their driveways. A Datsun 510 isn't exactly a common car to see jamming the freeways on your morning commute, and having one making a brief appearance in a robosplosion movie is highly unlikely to even pierce the radar of any up and coming teens who could be coaxed into gearheaddom.

nice rear end on the white one :D

1097290-i_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

And you should all know by now that it doesn't take some silly animated movie with some people tossed in for ****'s and giggles to inflate the Dime market to absurd proportions. IMO, it's already there.

If datsun prices could go up anymore I would be surprised to be honest. Most people think they have some kinda collector item and think that it is worth a fortune. There is a dude selling a 78 on craigslist I think for like 8500. It says partial resto. Which it honestly don't look very good.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's great that they've got a 510 in the movie. It is exposure and hopefully it will garnish more interest in the cars and thus preserve more of them.... Who knows what the outcome will be but look at the 240SX - they were a dime a dozen and after the Fast and the Furious everyone wants one - they are worth as much as a Z32 now - crazy...

Drifting made 240sx's popular, not Fast and Furious. Those would be Skyline's lol

I don't see this making the 510 that much more popular, for car people like us, we know how cool the 510's are. But for your everyday Joe Schmoe, I'm sure they'll just think its some old rust bucket.

If datsun prices could go up anymore I would be surprised to be honest. Most people think they have some kinda collector item and think that it is worth a fortune. There is a dude selling a 78 on craigslist I think for like 8500. It says partial resto. Which it honestly don't look very good.

would you be refering to this one?

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/1881027284.html

Drifting made 240sx's popular, not Fast and Furious. Those would be Skyline's lol

I don't see this making the 510 that much more popular, for car people like us, we know how cool the 510's are. But for your everyday Joe Schmoe, I'm sure they'll just think its some old rust bucket.

So there wasn't an S15 in Tokyo Drift then.... must have been my imagination.....

would you be refering to this one?

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/1881027284.html

thats just the way that dude is..... most things are over priced. (he sells a ton of Zparts)

Nice guy, and very nice car but its worth more to him than anyone else :lol:

(hes like 2 blocks from my work)

Edited by skib

So there wasn't an S15 in Tokyo Drift then.... must have been my imagination.....

Still sticking by my comment since you can't get S15's in America. For most 240 sack riders that car is just a wet dream. Promise you 240SX's popular from drifting period, not because Tokyo Drift. That movie only came about because of the whole explosion of drifting popularity.

I wonder how the 510 relates to being Bumblebee though, I couldn't see him being anything but the Camaro in these movies. I wonder who's that 458 Italia though!

Edited by LoneStarS30Z