HybridZ

1971 240z rb25det build thread

5thgenluder

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much progress to report. The dash is going nowhere and nothing to report on the car. Got my oil pan from pat1. Looks amazing. The shop I bought my engine from offered to put it in for $300. I couldn't pass it up. I'm waiting on them to schedule an install date. I'm gonna take as much info as I can to keep this thread useful.

Ive been waiting a while for this shop. I am almost tempted to do it myself anyway. I just hate feeling like there isnt any progress happening. The only reason I am ok with it is that im super busy at work and havent had much time to do any work of my own anyway.

So i just read this whole thread this, first off i am very sorry to here about you loosing your father. You must have great courage i have no idea what i would do if i lost my father he means the world to me.

I think you are doing a great job on this forum it is something that is long overdue. I really wish i had your knowledge on cars where did you learn at.

Vtec can kiss VCT's a@@! The car is stating to come together, i bet you cant wait to hear the sound of that rb for the first time. I know that i can't. I always find my self on YouTube watching videos of Rb's. I was looking looking at your surge tank, and you might want to put a grommet where the fuel lines are coming through the car. Just to keep them from getting chewed up. The dash is looking good. I tried doing that with mine, but went with custom dash instead.

I've been quietly watching this build as well. It's shaping up to be a clean build. Honestly I usually notice a clean build and appreciate the work more than a rushed big power build.

The sound and power of the RB will keep you up at night thinking about it :lol:

You will love it.

Just read through the last half of this thread, mostly focusing on the dashboard. I am currently doing the exact same process with my dash, so I know what your dealing with. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the just want to throw out an idea for you, since you said you would like the suede look, but can't afford it. Have you considered having your dash flocked? It gives the suede look/texture, is durable, and much cheaper than doing a suede wrap.

Give it a month and I should have some pictures of my dash done in black flocking with the AC and glovebox deleted. Should give you a good idea of how it would look...

Got a little sanding done on the dash. Test fit the glove box and got that lined up. Put a couple coats of high build primer on now I'm gonna sand the rest down and reapply another coat. I think I'm gonna install it primered and next winter send it to get wrapped on suede. Lance I'm looking forward to pics of your dash.