HybridZ

BRP Hot Rods LS mount

Does anyone have experience with the BRP LS motor mount from BRP Hot Rods? Here's a link. I read about BRP at LS1Tech, but search didn't show anything here. They claim to have 2" stepped long tube headers that will work with their mount, so it sounds promising. From looking at the pictures, it looks like BRP places the engine slightly further forward than the JCI kit. What do you think?

Please chime in with your opinion, since I plan to use this (or the JCI kit) on my 240.

Notice the footnote on the bottom of the ordering page that their headers are still in production...

The motor does sit at least 3" farther forward VS the JCI kit.

I would NOT be worth it to be to move the engine and trans that much further forward just to be able to run long tube headers....

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Cable

Is the motor you're planning to use underpowered for what you want to do? If so, is running long tube headers the best way to get more power from the motor? Seems to me that there are many ways to get more power out of the engine, and I'd rather have the handling benefits that come with moving the engine back, but my priorities might well be different than yours.

Is the motor you're planning to use underpowered for what you want to do? If so, is running long tube headers the best way to get more power from the motor? Seems to me that there are many ways to get more power out of the engine, and I'd rather have the handling benefits that come with moving the engine back, but my priorities might well be different than yours.

No, not at all underpowered. I was just wondering if anyone has used it, and also getting opinions on it. I'd also rather have the handling benefits of moving the engine back. I only know what the install instructions show and it looks like it does put the engine further forward, but on the other hand if it was similar in placement to the JCI kit and also let me run long tubes, then it would be a good option. In any case, as Cable pointed out, the headers are "still in development".

I know we are beating a dead horse but geesh, it seems like someone could step up and offer good long tube headers for the JCI kit that aren't so cost prohibitive. The market is there, we have proven that. I'm OK for making power elsewhere and have pretty much resigned myself to JCI or JTR headers. It's awful hard to justify $1200-$1500 on a set of custom headers when you can do a cam/spring swap for less than half of that and gain more power.

Frustrating for a gear head, it's like wanting to fish below a lake, knowing that the fish are there and ready to catch but the damned Corps of Engineers won't open the spillway.

I don't even care about the ground clearance issues (to a point of course) and would be more than willing to scrape the ceramic off mine on a speed bump just to have them...

I don't want to sound like I'm hijacking the thread but I think that one of the primary reasons for most people to even contemplate a different kit than the JCI setup is because of limited choices in the header department. That seems to be true in this case, again.....

Edited by 78 LS2 Z

Moving the engine forward 3" will also cause shifter problems if using a T56.

I don't know how far forward the engine is actually mounted, so I hadn't thought about this. I tried calling and sent mail to see if I can get pictures of the transmission and better shots of the engine bay.

After a week of calling with no success and no email response, I think I know who's engine mounts I'm not going with. Shame, if they could have sent better photos or answered phone/email they might have gotten a few customers here.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah - one more thing. Another drawback to long tube headers is ground clearance. When you use those you give up the ability to go over speed bumps without hanging up your exhaust. It's also true about the shifter location. In the JCI position the T56 shifter comes up within 1/2" of the stock shifter location. If the information about the motor being mounted further forward is correct that will cause problems there - even if you recut the hole it will also require a new, bent shift lever to keep it out of the dash in the odd numbered gears. It will also affect your PMI if you do any track work. In the JCI position the engine is almost entirely behind the front axle giving it more of a mid-engine performance. Also, in that position the total wieght change of the car (LS1 & T56) is about 30 lbs. and all the weight is gained on the rear wheels. It might be a bit different for the 240, though, since the L24 is probably a little lighter than an L28.

• 4 weeks later...

I know we are beating a dead horse but geesh, it seems like someone could step up and offer good long tube headers for the JCI kit that aren't so cost prohibitive. The market is there, we have proven that. I'm OK for making power elsewhere and have pretty much resigned myself to JCI or JTR headers. It's awful hard to justify $1200-$1500 on a set of custom headers when you can do a cam/spring swap for less than half of that and gain more power.

Frustrating for a gear head, it's like wanting to fish below a lake, knowing that the fish are there and ready to catch but the damned Corps of Engineers won't open the spillway.

I don't even care about the ground clearance issues (to a point of course) and would be more than willing to scrape the ceramic off mine on a speed bump just to have them...

I don't want to sound like I'm hijacking the thread but I think that one of the primary reasons for most people to even contemplate a different kit than the JCI setup is because of limited choices in the header department. That seems to be true in this case, again.....

Working on a set of long tubes as we speak.

Check it out and let me know if you are still interested....

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/95480-who-is-genuinely-interested-in-buying-lsx-long-tube-headers-for-s30s/

Edited by Cable

Working on a set of long tubes as we speak.

Check it out and let me know if you are still interested....

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/95480-who-is-genuinely-interested-in-buying-lsx-long-tube-headers-for-s30s/

I'm already #4 on the list.....and BTW they are looking great so far, I think I shorted out my keyboard from drooling on it (looking at the progress pic).. Keep those updates coming!