HybridZ

New Mustang GT is SLOW

JMortensen

• Administrators

WTF is up with the steering wheel? Did he use the same wheel in both cars?

..and that's all John could glean from the video... :lmao:

What I thought was odd was the use of Paper-buttholes as markers around the circumference of the steering wheels, top center marked more prominently. With all those markers, almost seems to pointless... :hs: Maybe some new concept of visual racing steering wheel position indication?... Maybe reference points for some sort of video recording of the steering wheel , i.e. data-logging driver steering inputs?

WTF is up with the steering wheel? Did he use the same wheel in both cars?

I saw that too. I thought it was just stickers that he put on the wheel to locate center and where his thumbs should be or something.

EDIT- looks like they do go all the way around, so I'm guessing Paul is right.

Edited by JMortensen

i think it would be fun to replace just the front struts/rear shocks with some high dollar penske units and try the test again.doing some tuning with adjusatble compression and rebound..just making a car stiffer doesnt always work.the suspension should soak up bumps cruising around town and work well at the track too.if the suspension is working well the car will handle and ride good at the same time

..and that's all John could glean from the video... :lmao:

I watch the driver, especially if they have some talent like Randy. I watch the hands, body position, where they look, etc. and listen to their comments (if any). You can tell a lot about the car by looking at how the driver has to drive it.

On some of the car crash videos on YouTube you can see the crash starting with the driver inputs long before the car starts getting out of shape. I do the same when instructing - I tend to watch the student as much as I watch the road.

I don't think there were many comments about the interior layout and seating as it relates to driving.  I wonder if they were omitted to strictly focus on the performance specs.  It would be interesting to see how they compare in that arena.  I suspect BMW spent some of the extra $$$$ on interior quality, ergonomics, electronics, and a little $ on the propeller and M badging.  For example a good seat can make you faster. It's not fair to judge a car strictly on performance and then look at price differential...something has to give.  I don't mean to call the comparison unfair.  It's totally unbiased and perfectly fair, for a track comparison.  

No flaming please...This was just a thought that popped into my head as I sit here in the hospital next to my wife who contracted severe food poisoning 4 days ago.