HybridZ

FEELER: Z-Series LED Tail Light Conversion

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested in a set if they will fit a 280ZX. The tail lenses are different than that of a 240 or 260, however, I HAVE seen this style of tail lens used on the '79 - '80 280Zs. I've attached some photos of what they look like. Whaddya think?

1981280ZXLH.jpg1981280ZXRH.jpg

Edited by tommyboy

even if you had LEDs front and back, one ceramic ressistor plced across the contacts where you have space would allow the cheap thermal relay flasher to work.

I've replaced thermal element flashers in all my cars years ago, as I like the ability to 'change the flash rate' of the electronic flasher relay.

Bimetallic Flashers....uhg! I may as well ride a horse to work!

On a stinging bit of irony, I was eating dinner two nights ago in BanChang Thailand, and a FREAKIN' ELEPHANT was being 'driven' on the street. They actually had a small red LED light wired on his tail. I sat there and though "So that's what they mean by a TAIL LIGHT!" :blink:

Even in the sticks, they use LED's on their Elephants. No reason not to keep your Z firmly rooted in the 1800's with incandescents! :P

Yes, they are the same as the 260 ($149), and we were able to fit three circuit boards behind each lens containing a total of 60 high grade, automotive LEDs. If the person behind you doesn't see you stopping with these, the he/she doesn't need to be driving. B)