HybridZ

Its yellow...

Guest Frank280z

Great looking ride Frank! I was thinking about keeping my car yellow, but more like the powder yellow from Subaru. I like your yellow, which is it? I actually live in Allentown, PA how far is Swoyersville. Maybe we can meet up. I am still in the tear down process of my car, so I won't be driving the Z for a little while.

Guest Anonymous

Boy it sure is Yellow! Hehe, actually it looks great, very stunning, I always liked yellow cars, owned a few, bee's love it usually. :rolleyes::D

Regards,

Lone

Guest Frank280z

Thanks. PeteW thats ferrari fly yellow. This is the brightest they make. :cool: Allentown is about an hour away. I'll buy a new bottle of febreeze if you come up. I have the exhaust problem also... :D

Stunning, Frank. I'm drooling. hail.gif

My wife hates yellow cars. When I was a kid (many moons ago) I had a Hot Wheels Corvette in bright yellow with duel black stripes. It was about a '70 roadster. Hands down my favorite. That was the car I always wanted. Both my brothers have owned Vettes. I've never even driven one. But theirs were never that beautiful "fly" yellow.

2thumbs.gif2thumbs.gif2thumbs.gif

Man, I really like the clean look of your car!

Is that the MSA Aero front air dam? That route could be cheaper than replacing my bent up front bumpers. What does the rear look like?

Also MSA has side view mirrors that mount in the corners of the window frames. I have these on my 70 and think they would look good on yours. What side view mirrors do you have planned?

Frank:

On the West Coast of California back in the 60's we used to call that color "Chicken Fat Yellow". Some of the coolist tri-5's were very close to that color. Back in the day...the surf was up, the nights were long and the summer heat was rising. Drags were at it's pinicle, and yellow...was just cool. Remember, the duce coupe in "American Grafitti"? Same idea, yours is just an updated version. Choose your mirriors carefully to keep those smooth lines that you now have. Very nice ride, and very sleek.

Comps, 2thumbs.gif Van

Van, I agree on the mirror issue. I recently was sent some pics of a very nice Z that had rectangular mirrors on it - they just look out of place to me. I think the Z screams for mirrors with not straight lines but are all made up of curved surfaces.

Forgive me for taking this slightly off topic.

I agree with you Pete on the mirrors. I've been looking for just the right ones for my car now that the next step is the paint and body. I was very interrested in the way you did yours. I've been thinking of using the ones off an early '90's Celica, They are very roundy and almost come to a point at the the part farthest part from the car. They have two "arms" that extend from the base to the mirror housing. Kind of a biplane look. The wild card is the window angle and if they can be modified to mount study like your's.

Anybody ever try these?

Beautiful! I love yellow also but my wife can't stand it either. I still think the 70-81 Camaro sport mirrors are just about the best mirror I have yet seen on a Z. Similar curves and mount to the door, you can even hook up the cable adjuster.

Guest Frank280z

JPP that is an MSA aero air dam. They like to ship them freight or truck...They can ship them ups if you want to gamble the condition it arrives in. But you will save big on shipping costs too. Mirrors,mirrors,mirrors. So many to choose from. But I went with 92 toyota corolla mirrors. I was going to get the same ones Pete and Jim B used but unavailable at the time. These mirrors are very similiar. But not as curved. Pete the write-up helped alot. I will post some pics when I get a chance. I started a second job this week. Oh the rear is rolled with a 2" bumper cover. Fabbed Terry's way. With a 3" spintech sticking out on the left

Boy am I jealous! My car has been in the bodyshops hands for two years and I gave it to them totally stripped! Maybe they have worked on it for a total of ten hours in that time. NJ is not the place to be if your a car guy and don't do bodywork. :(