HybridZ

Will It Fit in my 1975 280Z?

johnc

With a few minor modifications of the crossmember, and the addition of one of your cowl induction hoods, it should fit rather nicely :D

What would that be, about 1.2 hp per lb? You might need to consider some chassis reinforcement too. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

What is it with 'Fat old White Dudes'? Much maligned at some websites purportedly about performance, but when you get around real horsepower you always seem to see them hanging around?

Why is that? :P

That looks like a quad pack close-coupled V871T like they use in work boats. When I went to Harmonay Platform off Sta Barbara the seas were not good, and the only way I made it was by putting plugs and muffs on, going into the engine room and laying against that big quad on the mail boat. Went out like a baby. I love the rhythm of the Detroit 71 Series. It's like a heartbeat, and under a cyclic load riding up and down the waves it put me right to sleep. Good thing, too! They had great chili on Harmony Platform and I ate 6 bowls in anticipation of leaving by chopper. Leaving on the crew/mail boat in 22 foot seas was not on my horizon. The DEDEC kept my Chili Down! :lol:

Edited by Tony D

I wonder why didn't they use a pair of WV Detroit's. Several years ago I saw an even larger one on a Haliburton pump truck. If I remember correctly it was 12V149. This beast could pump over 4200 gallons or water at better than 10,000 psi. and would make the ground shake noticeably a hundred feet from the well head

What is it with 'Fat old White Dudes'? Much maligned at some websites purportedly about performance, but when you get around real horsepower you always seem to see them hanging around?

Why is that? :P

'Cuz they need all that extra horsepower to haul their fat old asses around? :rolleyes:

Yeah, they overcook it a bit. Any White-Superior, Nordberg, Cooper-Bessemer, Buda.... They are some real ground-pounders but are not normally 'moveable'... though in some cases I have seen Enterprise Engines in Big Tractors in the mines.