HybridZ

LS1 setup is coming out!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Harness has been ordered and is about 4 weeks out from getting here. Tank is done with ATL drop in fuel cell, have to get it shipped to me.

Fig I would give a small update. I am still looking for a FAST intake and fuel rails. These things sell fast (no pun) intended, lol. Trying to score one when people upgrade to the giant 102mm intake.

• 1 month later...

Pictures as promised. Just finished the tank yesterday and it is ready to be installed in the car.

ATL drop in fuel cell.....notice the trap doors in the black box (3 of them) plus the pump and filter is in there. The other two trap doors are custom where the black box is mounted to. The white line is my feed and the black line is the return. I have it dumping right back into the black box.

DSC00673-L.jpg

DSC00677-L.jpg

Finished product

285261558274082599498006143169-M.jpg

I have also installed a FAST 92 intake and TB along with a FAST fuel rail. For now to get the car running I am going to run stock injectors. The plan is to get the car started in about a week. I am going to run my old exhaust system until next year. Once I have the SS long tubes here, I will look to do a head and cam combo. I just want to get her back on the road and start fabbing up a custom intake box and blocking off the front of the car from getting so much air under the hood. More pics to follow. Also got my CCWs refinished :wink:

facebook61538-M.jpg

Edited by EvilC

Correct, well finally got the car back to Joes garage. Got the tank in and fuel lines done first night.

I got tired of working on the car in 90+ weather so why not back to Joes garage where there is AC and beer ;)

Going to finish up everything in the engine bay over the weekend and attempt to run copper lines to the heater core, I guess third time around will be the charm for me to have heat!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing really besides intake and redid the fuel rails, no more dead ended system at the rails. Long tube headers, cam and head next Spring.

Man I am in love with your car!!! What are the specs on your wheels/tires?? Coilovers?? Are you running the regular or wide ZG flairs?? Thanks!!

The reason for removing the dead-ended fuel rail is to try to cure the fuel starvation problem when the tank goes below half a tank and cornering hard. What was happening was as soon as the pump sucked some air, the only place that air could go was through the injectors. So instead of a small stumble while the pickup was uncovered, you had a big fall on your face condition until the air went through the injectors.

Clive has also installed a fuel cell so we shouldn't see any of those issues next time at the track.

FYI, my fuel rail is not dead-ended and with a stock 78 tank, experience none of the fuel starvation issues Clive was.

Joe

Edited by rags

Man I am in love with your car!!! What are the specs on your wheels/tires?? Coilovers?? Are you running the regular or wide ZG flairs?? Thanks!!

Wheel specs:

17 x 9.5 -13 fronts

17 x 11 -13 rears

Running the wide zg flares and yes to coilovers.

Wheel specs:

17 x 9.5 -13 fronts

17 x 11 -13 rears

Running the wide zg flares and yes to coilovers.

Oh damn didnt think 17x11's would fit! Is that with 315/35/17's?? I would love to do some Nitto 315/35/17's 555R's since they run a bit narrow like a 295 or so. I want to use your car as a template for my build. Just flat LOVE the look. Great job man. Hope you dont mind some PM's later when I get going!