HybridZ

CF headlight buckets

I thought there was an issue with them because they do not have the mounting stud to bold them to the fenders. Unless there is another way to mount them that I missed over the past few months.....sorry I haven't been paying attention much to all the new toys coming out for our s30 cars.

Now, I can't remember off the top of my head if you can run a nut and bolt of your own.....

Edited by EvilC

I thought there was an issue with them because they do not have the mounting stud to bold them to the fenders. Unless there is another way to mount them that I missed over the past few months.....sorry I haven't been paying attention much to all the new toys coming out for our s30 cars.

Now, I can't remember off the top of my head if you can run a nut and bolt of your own.....

Yea, the 4th pic down shows that edge where the studs "should" be. Looks like there is material there to just screw it to the fender brackets (3/4" self tapper maybe?).

I don't know for sure till I get them and see. It's funny all the hoopla about these when the guy tries selling them here, but not one pic any where of one installed....

I guess some body has to be the guinea pig... lol

Here is the orig thread>> CF Surrounds thread

Heck, if they end up being a turd, I didn't loose too much, but If I can make them work, I'm going to finally go ahead and also install my CF hood, CF air dam, and my BAMF CF ZG's

Edited by J. Soileau RB26zcar

lol nicely done....eager to see if they fit your car.

Will you be painting them red or just leaving the CF weave visible?

Thanks! :) . Well, since I already have plenty of "go", I figure I'll try and make the "show" part better when I can...

tell me how they worked out since your the guy who out bid me :lol:

look under bid history :P Alexpiechowski you beat me by 1 dollar

Sorry bout that :) . I had my bid at twice that, so I prolly would have gotcha anyhow...

I wonder how this contrasting headlight bucket looks being that they're black and your car appears to be red. post updates asap!

Right now I don't mind the look of contrasting colors. Look how great EvilC's Z looks... :2thumbs:

I will show them off soon as I can.

How much and where did you get your CF hood? Everywhere I've seen has been north of $800.

I remember thinking my $450 CF hood on my old S14 was pricey, oh how little I knew how good I had it.

I bought the hood in 2006 for $300 from RaceOn. I've had it stored since.

Oh and BTW, I think you got off REALLY lucky. These jokers are now selling it for $550, buy it only :blink:

Ebay Link

Wow... too pricey.

post-14669-012659700 1294361198_thumb.jpgpost-14669-012659700 1294361198_thumb.jpgpost-14669-084244500 1294361230_thumb.jpgpost-14669-032754400 1294361265_thumb.jpgpost-14669-041352100 1294361072_thumb.jpgpost-14669-084544400 1294361093_thumb.jpgI got a set of the carbon fiber head light buckets on ebay and they were garbage, take a month to ship and they were not willing to work with me. Had to file a complaint with ebay to get a refund. The no mounting studs is a huge issue and there is not enough material there to mount studs. They are also fiberglass with carbon fiber matting overlay and then gel coat, the carbon fiber matting does not rap around the edge leaving a black visible line along the edge without carbon fiber making look like a cheap rap. The back side is not flat leaving a large gap between the bucket and the fender. There was also cracks in the gel coat, maybe I got a bad pair. Good luck to whoever else buys them. Sorry loaded a pic twice Edited by rja1235

yea im in the same boat as you Joel, i have a tonnn of CF just waiting....finally got the motor done, so now theres paint, and then the seeexxyyy time when all of the cf finally goes on, hell i almost bought 10 of those race on hoods (when they were 300) cause i figured they would go sky high, but instead got one cause i figured if the got anymore expensive people would buy the lighter real thing from BETA...something about hindsight and 20/20 lol then again i wouldve had to store them for 4 years too lol

Sorry but I sent them back and never take a PIC of the whole bucket. FPR looked at the PICs and agreed that they were poor quality and said they should have never been shipped. Their fix was to sell me something else at what was supposed to be a discount and an inflated shipping charge and let me keep the buckets but there was no way I was ever going to use them. I have had really good luck with Raceon but they don't have buckets. The ventless wiper cowl they sell was molded from my cowl.

IF they fit, I just got a smokin deal.... :willy_nil

post-181-010046000 1294028410_thumb.jpeg

Can you imagine getting something like this for a $500 buy it now price tag. This is what they are trying to get on eBay right now.

It's bad enough I now have to jump through the hoops with eBay, PayPal, and frpbodykits to get a refund for my petty $100 +-....

http://smg.photobuck...zcar/?start=all

th_100_2239.jpg aprox 12 3/4" (needs to be aprox 13 1/4")

th_100_2237.jpg

th_100_2236.jpg

th_100_2235.jpg fender metal 13 1/4" CF bucket 12 3/4" in same area = NO FIT!

th_100_2234.jpg CF bucket will not budge, can not pull outward. Fender will not move inward. Bucket would have to be cut, made wider due to no flexing possible.

th_100_2228.jpg

th_100_2227.jpg Can not pull CF part out, can't push fender in = NO FIT!

th_100_2224.jpg

th_100_2223.jpg

th_100_2220.jpg Can not pull CF part out, can't push fender in = NO FIT!

th_100_2214.jpg

Here is all the pics I just took>> CF Bucket Album

Edited by J. Soileau RB26zcar

Jesus, what did they do, just take a rough guess on its dimensions? Way off the mark. I wonder if these are the same buckets that one guy was trying to sell on here.

Yep! same place. I knew what was up when he got all huffy when I ask for "real" pics.

The issue with these I get is, the buckets need to be spread at the bottom to make them 13 1/4" fit the fender, because the fender has that round stamped metal attached to it, and you can't push the fender metal together to make the 12" spread on their buckets.

There is no way in hail these will fit ANY Z, unless they remove the round metal the headlight assembly bolts to...