HybridZ

I've officially given up on the XXR 527. Fortunately Next Level Motoring gave me a full refund, as they were still waiting on the rears to arrive and I'd lost serious interest in the wheel and its ability to survive heavy roadcourse work... Who knows... Guess I'll be doing CCWs...

Mike

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that Mike. Im sure these wheels aren't fit for your car anyways. Maybe if you were trying to make a budget race car I would say go ahead and get them but your car seems like it is packing serious heat. Just pour out the money on quality wheels. :) Good Luck.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

DailyDrifter, I have been considering these rims and my full compliments to your choice and the look of your car. A few questions for you. First do you think those rims would clear the stock springs dimensions(eibach lowering springs)? If the rim/tire was laid face down and face up what is the backspacing and frontspacing dimensions of your combination? Did you have to do any tricks to get the front tires to clear fenders or airdams? Once again great looking set up. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Or if anyone else has 16's 0 offset feel free to chime in. I am running a 2+2 so rear fender clearance isn't a issue as they are 2" wider in the a@@.

Thanks

They fit fine, if your low though like dailydrifter on coilovers on 16"s you'll need to run his tire size. I am on springs and i have 225 50 16s, they poke a very little but that tire on a 16x8.25 is slightly stretched so it gives it good stance if your not very low.

I'ed post some pix, but the car is in the body shop, and my car looks identical to dailydrifter accept mine is yellow and on springs vs coilovers. I have some bad cell pix i'll try to post

They fit fine, if your low though like dailydrifter on coilovers on 16"s you'll need to run his tire size. I am on springs and i have 225 50 16s, they poke a very little but that tire on a 16x8.25 is slightly stretched so it gives it good stance if your not very low.

I'ed post some pix, but the car is in the body shop, and my car looks identical to dailydrifter accept mine is yellow and on springs vs coilovers. I have some bad cell pix i'll try to post

post-6893-051385400 1324682955_thumb.jpg

post-6893-088704700 1324682964_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking about running these wheels on my 1980 ZX in the 16X8.25 +0 size. I feel like they should fit pretty nice with a 245/50R16.

Edit: decision made... matte black, only because I don't think bronze would look good with all the chrome on the 1980zx.

Edited by CaptainJoe87

Thanks for the response. You car looks great. I will be getting my car together with those rims in about a month and I will post a few pics. If you happen to take a few more pics please post. Thanks for the info.

Only new pic I have from the bodyshop, Straitening the front and rust repair.

post-6893-089081500 1325208645_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

So I finally got my XXR's mounted. Thanks for the input from the other members they look great. Haven't had it out on the road yet but here is a few pics.

Stats

75 280 2+2

16 X 8.25 0 Offset

245/50/16

Eibach pro series springs

Tokigo Blues

Front bumpstops

Rear shock tower mounts relocated 5/8" out each(gets rid of the sagging camber ricer look)

I posted a writeup about the camber adjustments in the suspension forum.

post-25118-011205600 1329606569_thumb.jpg

post-25118-093313700 1329606582_thumb.jpg

post-25118-035494200 1329606595_thumb.jpg

post-25118-066982400 1329606614_thumb.jpg

Edited by Justinp551

Guest tybee260

Anyone ever get any photos or fitment info of the 17x10 rears +25 and the 17x9 +25 front? 6.29 "backspacing so I know will need a large spacer..but how large? How much is too much backspacing? I Will be running flares with stock suspension( for now)

Justin those look awesome on your car man. I think I might end up having to run spacers to get them to fill out the ZX fenders though.

If I might ask, what tires did you go with and how do you like them?

Joe. Thanks. The wheels are not bad on price either. 425 or so shipped in Cali. I got them from somewhere on eBay. NLmotoring offers them for a bit more but they offer matte bronze and silver. I haven't played with a ZX so not familiar with the required offset. The center caps are not deep so they don't cover the front hub though. Not a problem with a black hub and rims.

Tires are 245-50-16 and are from les schab. They are like a generic falken i think. Zeik 427 IIRC. Les schab is a west coast tire chain.