HybridZ

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came across this website and saw this kind of wheel.

does anyone have these set of wheels in their s30?

http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-527-Wheels-17x9-75-Chromium-Black-p/52779082n.htm

It says they just came out this month, so probably not. You would have to run a pretty large spacer to make these work with stock suspension since they have a 6.3" backspace.

A wheel that size is typically going to weigh 20lbs or more. But, you might be able to save a few pounds by using a low profile tire, to maintain close to stock wheel diameter you'd need to go with like a 35 or 40 profile. That wheel width would be awesome for 255s in the back.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the stock wheel/tire combos (depending on model year) something like 45 lbs. for the 240Z? Not hard, even with cheaper aftermarket wheels, with today's wheel/tire combinations. I run the XXR 002s in 16x8, with a rather heavy 225/50 Yokohama tire and I'm still roughly two pounds lighter than that.

I'm not sure how they'd compliment the look of an older Z, but they are stylish wheels. They would look rad on a 300ZX or 350Z.

Edited by kamikaZeS30

I am going to call the store today. They are located 3 miles from my house. I will try and ask if he would let me install these with the tires that i want and see if it would look good on the s30 before i buy them. hehe.

You would need to run about 2 inch spacers to make them work, which is too much to be comfortable imo, Plus most tire shops won't touch a car with spacers.

not all of them are for fwd, there are a few different sizes and offsets for each. these could work.

Ah, I see. I figured he was getting those wheels listed. I have some XXRs 513s in 16x8-0, didn't even bother to see if those 527s were also in RWD offsets

• 2 months later...

Ah, I see. I figured he was getting those wheels listed. I have some XXRs 513s in 16x8-0, didn't even bother to see if those 527s were also in RWD offsets

I ordered a set of flat blacks. 16x8.25 0 offset. Thet should ship out Mid April. If I like them I'll keep them, if not I'll post them up forsale.

I think Miata guys are gonna be all over these wheels.

• 2 weeks later...

I came across this website and saw this kind of wheel.

does anyone have these set of wheels in their s30?

http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-527-Wheels-17x9-75-Chromium-Black-p/52779082n.htm

Not sure why people are liking these wheels, I find them repulsive. They would look like crap on an S30 based on fitment alone. I actually saw 17's on an s30 for the first time the other day, they look too big on an S30.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why people are liking these wheels, I find them repulsive. They would look like crap on an S30 based on fitment alone. I actually saw 17's on an s30 for the first time the other day, they look too big on an S30.

I ordered the 16"x8.25" with a 0 offset. I'll post pix when I mount them. They're scheduled to arrive this Saturday the 30th.

Desperatley need to see pics. Not enough of the newer line of the XXR wheels posted, especially wider widths and on a 280ZX which is what I have. Post pics as soon as you guys get them mounted on your cars. Be sure to mention size of wheel/tire and offset/backspace and any size spacer used and also anything different you would have done. Thanks.

x2 on that specific wheel.

I'm probably a bit biased in the following statement, but I think 17"s can look perfectly fine on a s30.

I think a lot of it comes down to the wheel type. A 17" with a stepped lip has a vastly different visual effect than some of the more modern style wheels such as the concave look.

Edited by 280zcar