HybridZ

Bleeding the T56 Clutch

I have seen a lot of posts which have talked about issues with bleeding the clutch, but I've looked everywhere and have not found a post specific to the clutch bleeder...

I realize I need to get a small 1/4" drive 7/16" socket on the bleeder, but I'm wondering - When you open the bleeder does the fluid spray into the socket or does it exit somewhere else?

If it exits somewhere else (or even out the back of the bleeder into the socket), it seems that the fluid will drain into the bell housing...

I don't see a way to easily attach a hose to the bleeder either...

I've searched but no luck...

Lot's of people talk about bleeding the system in the traditional ways, but none of the posts that I found touched on this aspect of it...

And yes - since I'm down to bleeding the clutch that DOES mean I'm almost ready to start up and drive my LS1 280z! Finally!

Edited by kj280z

I believe the fluid will drain out of the end of the bleeder nipple, and yes probably drain down into the bell housing...

If you can disconnect the transmission from the motor I could highly recommend you installing one of these: http://www.speedwaymotors.com/T56-Release-Bearing-Remote-Bleeder,41385.html

It screws into the bleeder screw opening and makes clutch bleeding really easy.

Edited by h4nsm0l3m4n

I believe the fluid will drain out of the end of the bleeder nipple. I havent read too much into this but you may be able to just crack it open and let it gravity bleed?

If you can disconnect the transmission from the motor I could highly recommend you installing one of these: http://www.speedwaym...eder,41385.html

It screws into the bleeder screw opening and makes clutch bleeding really easy.

I will not be pulling the tranny to bleed the clutch so that remote bleeder while a nice idea isn't an option.

So are you saying the fluid will drain into the socket while it's on the bleeder?

I will not be pulling the tranny to bleed the clutch so that remote bleeder while a nice idea isn't an option.

So are you saying the fluid will drain into the socket while it's on the bleeder?

The angle at which the bleeder screw is, all fluid released, be it in the socket or elsewhere, will go into the bellhousing. Not an issue, but if it bothers, you, lift the back of the car up for 10 minutes or so and let that little bit of fluid drip out. After that, you're set to go!

Use the 7/16 1/4 Drive to bleed the t56.

You don't need a hose, all the fluid just drips on the socket and bell housing.

Bleed like a regular brake bleed. (2 Man Job)

I didn't have to even fill-up the reservoir.

Or if your cool use a vacuum bleeder.

The feeling of pushing the clutch and feeling feedback, is a great motivation booster.

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i added a remote bleeder to mine but did not know about the speedway part.

used a braided line with a cap at the end. it 'dangles' out of the trans and is zip tied to keep it in place when not used. works great and no fluid in my bellhousing.

can't remember the length

Another question: How long is your clutch master -> clutch slave cylinder line? I'm trying to buy a pre-made line to save some dough. I'd just go measure........BUT my engine / tranny is all out of the car right now.