HybridZ

Suspension Bolts - Inventory

I'm currently in the process of disassembling everything in my car to review the suspension (rust removal, poly bushings, etc.)

I'm trying to list every bolts required to find a source able to provide me new hardware.

No supplier today proposed bolts for s30 the way I need: Grade 10.9, correct dimension (obviously), fine pitch, zinc plated

I also need self locking nuts (with the last thread crushed)

If you have the list of hardware required for the rear side, I'll be glad to get it since the rear is not done yet on mine ;)

The list below is for One side only, every quantity has to be multiply by 2 for the whole car.

Everything is obviously in millimeter.

front_10.png

Edited by Lazeum

Very welcome. The day I was digging through my bolts for the two thousandth time to find a couple of bolts, and I finally got tired of wondering which ones were which, so I did what any OCD driven, z-crazy guy would do. I got organized!

Now if someone would fill in the Nissan PN and Fiche location/address it would be even better!

Jim

Now if someone would fill in the Nissan PN and Fiche location/address it would be even better!

That's a big job to do too :blink:

I only wonder if purchasing bolts from Nissan would make sense, they might be the most expensive option to replace hardware...

Is this going to be applicable to all s30's, or just 240z's? Great work putting this together by the way,

there is some slight differences but quite sure 99% should be similar. It would be good to compare with somebody who might have done the job on other s30 platform.

I know that nuts for R180 (M12x1.25 nut) are different compared to R200 (M14x1.50 nut)

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know, I've found a source locally to source parts :) Thanks to your help.

We've made a group buy in France and I'm waiting for 477 bolts, 350 nuts & 800 washers to come.

All my charts are in French so far to share info with shops but I will surely translated them to share it here with HBZ community, even if most of the info are already here.

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

The title was self explanatory, too bad, the search engine is not able to locate the thread easily... :(

For your info, I found a mistake related to bolt on service manuel, torque required for the small M8 bolts holding the ball joint on the front control arm is wrong. I did not snap my bolts during reassembly process but some of my friends did. So I've removed the bolts on my car since then, scrap them even if they were looking good & put new ones instead.

If I recall correctly, FSM asks for 45N.m while torque on M8 10.9 bolts should be around 25N.m (or Datsun put ARP bolts ;) )

Edited by Lazeum