HybridZ

Speed channel NOW

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old guy's hating on the Datsun... and I gotta say he has no taste if he likes the wanna-be speed racer car better. Additionally, can't believe he said stock 240Z steering was "a little tough." My 240z steers with practically no effort.

Dude, he designed the Munster Coach. TONS of high class taste there! :P

I also find humor in the fact that your avatar is Speed Racer.

A bunch of the comments during that show sucked. I thought the challenging team did a decent job, though I noticed ripples in the paint around the rear column air vents they blocked off. Not exactly to my taste, but at least they made an attempt to make a "clean" car. While ambitious, the home team car was nothing more than a Mach 5 clone/abortion. The body lines didn't even match up at the doors. The comments on the handling baffled me, since I saw NO suspension work on either car whatsoever. if anything, they reduced structural integrity by tearing the roof off.

Only having V8's as a choice for the engine swaps was salt in the wound, but I guess I shouldn't expect different from a murrican car show. Back to BBC and Top Gear...

Edited by Oddmanout84

Anyone else cringe every time a desirable piece disappeared off screen? Taillights, SU carb setups, 9mm L24 rods, interior pieces, etc... They probably all wound up in a dumpster behind the shop.

The one design feature I did like from the show was the red leather covered dash in the 'Speed Racer' car. Too bad you could see that the leather was already starting to peel away from the dash because it hadn't been adhered properly.

I guess it was " Car Warriors '73 Datsun 240Z" Seas1 Ep:4.. it'll be on again tomorrow at 4pmEST, or Saturday sometime. I would have liked to have seen it solely to see what they did to the cars. I'll try to catch it later. I dunno why Datsuns get no love from these shows. Hey you all should get a hold of Foose and have them overhaul my 280Z. That's one I would really like to see, hehe never happen, besides I don't want a V8, it's been done ya know...

I guess it was " Car Warriors '73 Datsun 240Z" Seas1 Ep:4.. it'll be on again tomorrow at 4pmEST, or Saturday sometime. I would have liked to have seen it solely to see what they did to the cars. I'll try to catch it later. I dunno why Datsuns get no love from these shows. Hey you all should get a hold of Foose and have them overhaul my 280Z. That's one I would really like to see, hehe never happen, besides I don't want a V8, it's been done ya know...

Yeah but what hasn't "been done"?

Chev V8's, Ford V8's, Jag V12's, BMW V12's, BMW I6's, Nissan I6's, Toyoter I6's, Nissan V6's, Buick V6's, Infiniti V8's, Nissan 4 pots....I dunno, I'm probably missing something.

As far as I can tell the last bastion of originality lies in putting that 2.8 liter Hyabusa V8 into one of our cars. Whoever does do that has won everything forever, and gets 9001 points.

That's one I would really like to see, hehe never happen, besides I don't want a V8, it's been done ya know...

As far as I can tell the last bastion of originality lies in putting that 2.8 liter Hyabusa V8 into one of our cars. Whoever does do that has won everything forever, and gets 9001 points.

The reason you see so many smallblock V8s is because it makes sense to put a V8 in a Z car. If you're against putting it in because it has been done so many times, you're basically saying "I'm tired of people doing things that make sense, and I get all twitterpated when someone does something that doesn't make as much sense."

The V8 motorcycle hybrid makes a great engine for a lightweight car, but I think you'd have a hard time finding gears and transmissions and clutches that would handle the heavy weight of the Z car (in comparison to a Radical or an Atom or something) and would have the appropriate ratios for a motor that can turn that much rpm. So again, it would be an expensive project to put a relatively torqueless engine into a car that is too heavy, all so someone could say that they were the first to do it. Call me crazy, but if someone ever does build one of those, I'll be wondering WTF they were thinking and why they didn't put that motor in a Lotus 7 or a Radical or something like that where it would actually make sense.